Adventure Ocean Question

Hello ~

We'll be taking our first cruise in March; four nights to the Bahamas. We are taking our four children (ages 6-12) and we're curious to know if we wanted to take our kids off the ship at our port then bring them back so mom and dad can do something alone, will Adventure Ocean watch the kids while at port? We'll be at port from 7:00am-12:00am. Also, is there an additional fee to do that?

Thanks much!

You are on the right track of thinking. It is great to expose the kids to some shore stuff and also get alone time for mom and dad. You may want to consider going ashore alone first having fun figuring out what to show the kids take them back for a short stent so they have fun in port as well.

Only downside to my idea is DD has in at least one port refused to go ashore becuase she was having too much fun in AO. I believe it was also a repeat port for her so she didn't care about being on shore there anyhow.

Great information! It's great to know we have someplace safe to bring our kids if we decide to do something on our own while at port. The issue is that our kids love the water and beach, so they'll want to go snorkeling or at the very least play on the beach. So, we are considering snorkeling tour. My husband and I enjoy diving and may like to schedule a dive during our visit in Nassau. The only issue I face is trying to determine if we will have time for both activities without rushing and major chaos.

Thanks again for all your help... these boards are a lifesaver!!! :)

Archived