Bank near Port of Belize City

pairodocs

I am an international coin and banknote collector and when on cruises I try to visit local banks to get coins and banknotes for my collection. Can anyone tell me where a local bank is in Belize City and comment on how hard it is to get to. I really don't want to run a gauntlet of vendors to get into the city. I'm leaning towards hiring a taxi driver at the port to take me to the bank and possibly get a short tour of some of the local areas. Any thoughts??

Chuck & Sue Ann

"pairodocs"

I wont go into detailed directions. There are banks within a short taxi ride from the tourist village. Not sure how much you will be charged for a taxi out of the cruise ship area.. Local rates, that is, if you fl aged a taxi down in the street is $10BZ.

I too have checked banks for crisp notes. It is hit and miss..

It's a short walk from the port and Tourism Village where the tender will leave you and downtown Belize City. From the Village walk inland to the gate, then turn left. Walk a few blocks to the swing bridge, turn left and walk over the bridge, then continue straight onto Albert Street. There you will find banks.

Archived