Paid upgrades at the pier. Anyone have prices?

Bingo

Does anyone have a pricelist of paid upgrades at the pier? Or maybe some info on the prices you paid when you did get to the pier to do this? If you do have some info, please try and keep it rather current, lets say within the past 3-6 months at most.

I see a similar thread on the RCCL boards where someone wrote down the prices at the pier but those prices are now almost 2 years old.

We will be on the Summit this weekend. Can't wait and am hoping to upgrade from an outside to a balcony...but am happy with what I booked if it can't happen.

Dan

Pier upgrades are not all the same price. It depends on the particular sailing and how well it was selling. What someone paid last week is not necessarily what would be paid this week. You just have to go and see what's available when you get there. Good luck!

With the last year I inquired about uprades and prices and the upgrade was even more than the $ difference I remembered posted on the web. It was about a full ship and I guess the ship's agent saw it as a seller's market. I remarked about the amount and the agent just smiled and shrugged. Like selling umbrellas on a rainy day I guess. Good luck.

who do you see about getting an upgrade? And I've also heard that people get upgraded automatically, is this unusual?

Nancy

The Pier Coordinator.

Automatic upgrades may occur if a particular cabin class is overbooked (it can happen), a "guarantee" is purchased at a low price and the cabin received would normally have cost much more (not exactly an upgrade situation, but can certainly feel like one when you pay less than for a Sky Suite for a "Suite Guarantee" and find yourself in a Royal!), and once in a great while (or so it seems), they just happen for no reason at all, sometimes even to first time guests.

Archived