Love to meet people on our cruise 2/26/10 Sydney to Perth

Hi,

My husband and I are taking a B2B Sydney to Perth and then Perth to Sydney. After 10 days in Sydney we are taking B2B Sydney to Hawaii and Hawaii to Vancouver. Never have traveled that long but it looks like many of you have. Any suggestions on packing, shore excursions or anything else that may be helpful to us. Is anyone else going on any of these cruises?

We're counting the days....Just found this site and I'm more excited than ever..

Linda:)

Hi Grammalinda, we're on the Sydney to Hawaii leg ( assume you're sailing on the Rhapsody). Suggest you check Roll Calls for the appropriate Rhapsody sailings dates-folks there should be able to offer lots of advice, including shore excursions. A bunch of us are doing a private shore excursion in Bora Bora. There may be room for more-check out the Roll Call for the April 12th Rhapsody sailing out of Sydney.

This will also be our longest trip, which includes touring New Zealand and some of Australia for a few weeks, prior to boarding the Rhapsody. Packing will be a challenge, as we need to be prepared both for cool and warm weather. I'll do my best to pack enough clothing for one week and then make use of laundrymats along the way and the ship's laundry. Since we're doing several flights downunder, we have to pack according to the various airlines weight restrictions. Should be fun! :(

Mary :)

Hi Grammalinda,

Wow!! I'm totally jealous of you.:p We did the B2B in Feb/March this year on the Rhapsody. The best cruise ever.:)

Like Stelladoro, we are just doing the Sydney-Honolulu leg. We couldn't justify the proce to continue on to Vancouver. It would have been nice. Instead we are travelling over to Austin, Texas to meet up with our tablemates.

I hope you both enjoy the wonder of Down Under.:D I'm sure you will both love Oz and NZ.

Archived