New Carnival website site sucks!!!!

jima53

I had problems at first using IE8, but after clicking the compatibility icon in the address bar next to the refresh icon the deck plans loaded without a problem. Everything else loaded better after that also, i.e. text not being in the wrong place, menus corrected and such.

If you are on the site at home no problem. But, if you are on the site at work whom is doing your job? If you have a job which allows you time to surf the computer you are very fortunate and must have a really outstanding employer. If I were on a personal site at work I would probably be fired. The employer is paying me to work not steal their time on personal stuff. You must be a really lucky; man if you are working and surfing privately. Have a great day!

On some days, they are one and the same;)

• 1 year later...

I agree... I have tried three different browsers now and none of them worked (I.E. Google Chrome, Safari). The site keeps poping up messages about the site having failures please call this number. When calling the number, they are closed.

So, I hope the cruise doesn't SUCK as bad as their website does. I am just TRYING to print off the luggage tickets.

This is not the first time I have been on their website. Oh, the site that takes your credit card works. Amazing... they'll take you money.. but nothing else that is slightly helpful works.

It's kind of ironic how there are THOUSANDS of IT professionals in the country who were laid-off and remain unemployed, and Carnival can't hire one or two to fix their website woes!

This thread was from 1 1/2 years ago.... and here we are - still waiting for a user friendly website I see.

IMO some days it runs okay (not great - just okay), somedays it is super sensitive, and other days it down right sucks. I keep saying to myself "I see promise if they work out the quirks" but now I view their website like my ex "ain't worth wasting my life over". I use other sites and try to only go there for the absolute necessary things. I will admit though, the "oops...the site is not currently available, but we're working on it" construction towel dog is one of the cutest and creative I have ever seen for a website down announcement.

This thread was from 1 1/2 years ago.... and here we are - still waiting for a user friendly website I see.

IMO some days it runs okay (not great - just okay), somedays it is super sensitive, and other days it down right sucks. I keep saying to myself "I see promise if they work out the quirks" but now I view their website like my ex "ain't worth wasting my life over". I use other sites and try to only go there for the absolute necessary things. I will admit though, the "oops...the site is not currently available, but we're working on it" construction towel dog is one of the cutest and creative I have ever seen for a website down announcement.

I wonder how many bookings they lose by the website being down so much, or bon voyage orders and excursions?

It seems when they finally get the website working reasonably well they redesign it and we start over with all the glitches.

Bill

Archived