flying out of PA on Jan 1st?

nygirl07

anyone flying out of Philadelphia,PA on Jan 1st for the Jan 2nd sailing? They are calling for a snow/rain mix and I'm so nervous it's going to delay our flights. This is our honeymoon and we've been waiting forever. I've been stalking the forcast every day and they aren't saying much yet.

Anyone hear anything else to calm my nerves

I am from Philadelphia (not flying out on the 1st though) and right now it looks like there will be a rain/snow mix. I don't know what that is going to mean for traveling. However, there has been a lot in the news here about extra long lines at security and new rules/regulations for flying since the bomb threat on that flight to Detroit. They are saying to get to the airport 2-3 hours early and expect to wait. You also might want to check with the airlines about new carry-on guidelines. I heard some airlines are only allowing one carry-on.

It is good you are flying out the day before your cruise. Even if there is a delay, there is a great chance you won't miss your honeymoon. Good luck!

Hate to say it but January 1st does not sound very good. That day of buffer should give you plenty of opportunities to find a flight down their if yours gets cancelled, unless things continue through saturday (some have reported so). We are flying out on the 31st at 7:50am from Philly so from what I've seen we should be getting out just before it all starts. If you are worried you could see about changing flights. I'm not sure if that is still possible or the costs involved. You would definitely need a second hotel night in FL but you could avoid the stress of waiting and worrying.

As it gets closer to your flight day, keep checking with your airline. If delays seem inevitable, many airlines will waive change fees and allow people to travel earlier. If it starts to look bad, consider going out a day earlier if you can.

Good luck and happy honeymoon! :)

I was scheduled to fly out of philly on the 19th (sat am) but luckily on the 17th evening was able to change my SW flight to friday nite and missed the closed airport on saturday!

Stayed at the Ramada Inn in Ft. Lauderdale ($124 including free hot breakfast) but the friday nite airfare was cheaper (received refund) and the free transfers from airport to hotel, and the free shuttle to the ship from the hotel made up the cost of the hotel.

Archived