Belieze

gilby

You should check the ports section on CC - you will find a lot of information there. One thing to keep in mind is that this is a tendered stop, and it takes about 15-20 minutes to go ashore. We decided on a Carnival excursion since they picked us up at the ship - didn't have to wait in line for a tender, and saved some travel time in not needing to go to the mainland first before leaving. We were able to do a snorkel excursion, then go back to the ship to change, then had time to go ashore to shop around the port.

We did a cave hike/Land rover/ speed boat tour that was awesome

They took us on a bus to walk thru a couple caves Then we got to go 4 wheeling in Land Rovers And i found every bit of mud I could on our way to the river Had a couple free rum drinks then went on the river in a speed boat at 45-50mph dropped us off at the tender port and walked around the port till it was time to tender back

It was one of the best boat excursions bang for buck ever done

We went to Bacab Eco Park for horseback riding through Carnival and had a wonderful time. We had a separate tender from everyone and the tour picked us up at the pier and we boarded their bus which took us to the Park. We rode the horses on a trail for about an hour and then they took us across their footbridge to their restaurant/bar and pool. I was amazed seeing this side of the property as it is a paradise. They do several tours there like bicycle and kayak if horses aren't your thing. The lunch was a simple but tasty small buffet layout with servers serving chicken, rice and beans, plaintains, juice, fresh fruit which was included in the package. We ordered a few mixed drinks and they were about $6 a piece. Beer is cheaper here but I didn't order any. After lunch we had about 2 hrs to enjoy the Park on our own or go to the pool and relax. The pool is huge and has a hidden waterslide. I think for the price- we got our monies worth since we got horseback riding, lunch, pool use, and transportation.

45090433_BacabEcoParkFootbridge.jpg.cc56e8fb2274af8549a1a6f2bd78c6ed.jpg

878944314_BacabEcoParkPool1.jpg.1149e6b5ce302c560d51d65ea973ad39.jpg

878101219_BacabEcoParkPool2.jpg.e95648b819f1db5d4239506239d9935d.jpg

277742100_BacabEcoParkPool3.jpg.11b3b1e7e5f23e18a4d3181f1c2c3675.jpg

We loved the excursion to Geoff's Cay. You can snorkel from the boat or the island. The island is only the size of a football field, with no chairs, etc... But it is beautiful, and we loved it! It feels like your own island. When flying home on the airplane, we saw in the delta magazine a picture of a couple snorkeling in Belize. It was our island, and it brought back great memories.

I am wondering what people suggest to do for a tour when we are at Belieze. We like the warm weather and enjoy the sun. We live in Minnesota. any suggestions would be great.

Just got back from Belize. Booked snorkel tour thru Carnival. Tender boats picked you up at the ship and after the excursion they will take you to the ship or you can stay on and go straight to the island.

Snorkeling was wonderful. The corral is beautiful and the fish were plentiful. Bannister Island was very pretty.

Detour, not hijack, but is the Carnival excursion to Goff's Cays the only one that picks you up at the ship or does the Barrier Reef Snorkel at Turneffe with Beach Break do so as well. Thanks, now back to the thread :D.

John

Archived