Must Do?

Dapzilla

This will be our 6th cruise, but our very 1st on Carnival...we're so excited! We're going to be headed off on the Miracle in less than 2 weeks. :)

Since we're Carnivirgins, what would you say is a "must try" or "must do" on our trip?

Your recommendations are really appreciated!

~Dapzilla

Order two lobster tails on the first elegant night

Try the Bitter and Blanc dessert the night it's on the menu

Try the MDR for breakfast and lunch

Avoid the port talks, you can watch them on the TV in your cabin later that night

Convince yourself how much you love grapes BEFORE you enter the MDR for the first time! :p

I heard horror stories about the grapes in the MDR, but I actually liked them alot. The Miracle is my favorite Carnival ship so far. Absolutely loved it! I like the way the Lido deck is arranged.

I really enjoy the reubens at the sandwich station. That's the first thing I get when I board the ship. The meat has always been nice and lean and very tasty, except on the Dream (too much fat). They were awesome on the Miracle last year tho.

I am a grilled reuben fan myself!!!!

I also enjoy the saunas and steam rooms in the Spa (which are included in your cruise fare). Sadly they are not co-ed...but I enjoy a nice sauna every morning.

FYI, they do not charge for lockers...but they do hold your Sail and Sign card until you return the key.

If you like expresso and cappicinos.....they cost extra on the Promenade...BUT they are free in the Main Dining Room. (as long as you don't want alcohol in them like Bailey's)

If you feel so inclined, check out the afternoon tea. I understand they're only held during sea days. I have yet to try one but plan to in 2 weeks myself.

And a Carnival must is the warm, melting, chocolate cake. I'm not a huge fan of it but there are many who absolutely love it. Tiramisu is my personal favorite. Yum!

We go to the Supper Club at least once on each cruise now. Its 30 bucks per person, but it is so good!

I don't know if Miracle has the burrito bar in the buffet area yet, but if it does they are pretty good, as are the deli sandwiches.

There may or may not be a hot tub in the spa, they have removed them on a few of the ships. If she still has hers, it is rarely occupied and probably much cleaner than the ones out on deck.

There is an observation deck above the Bridge at the very front of Lido Deck. You can get some great views out there, especially entering or leaving port.

There is an interior section of the promenade (Gatsby's Garden on that ship) on either side of the main theater on Atlantic Deck forward. It is rarely used, and has seating with big windows if you like to read or just relax away from the crowds.

Have fun!

ENJOY!!! Just try to relax and take it all in. The games by the pool are always entertaining to me at least. I love the food. Melting cake keeps me coming back to CCL. We LOVEd the deli last year. I agree Ruebens are AMAZING!

Go to the wine tasting one of the best at sea. You can order expresso or cappacino (sp) at any meal in the dining room at no charge. Order rooom service just for the great sandwiches and cookies, plus I always order extra milk for the frig in the room for my late night snack.

Thanks for all the great recommendations! :D

Will definitely snag all of the food suggestions...

Reuben, Bitter & Blanc, and melting cake (with fruit on the side!)

We've done the wine tastings on every cruise we've taken, and are really looking forward to trying that on Carnival, too. We love the milk for the room fridge trick, too - just love our nighty-night cookies and milk!

Thanks, again! 8 days...woohoo!!

Archived