Vancouver Port

My partner and I are going on the Atlantis Alaska cruise out of Vancouver. In looking for hotels, you can search according to landmarks. It says there are 3 ports for cruise ships: Cruise Line Terminal, Cruise Line Ballentyne St., and Cruise Terminal Canada Place. Can anyone tell me which one we would depart from?

Thanks!

There are only two terminals in Vancouver - Canada Place which is right in the heart of the downtown tourist, entertainment and hotel district and Ballantyne Pier is about 2 miles away in the heart of the industrial part of the port and away from hotels etc.

Only a small number of ships - usually RCLL use Ballantyne - the rest Canada Place - but as i don't recognize your cruise line I can't say for sure where you will berth - the port website isn't updated for 2005 yet but here is a link to it for future reference:

http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/

Hope this helps

Dennis

Find a hotel in the downtown area, it really doesn't matter, cabs are easy to come by and the fare is pretty cheap to get to the port. You don't want to stay in the same area as Ballentyne, but I think your cruise will embark at Canada Place. Like Urban Trekker stated, you will have to wait a while until the port schedule comes out. I see you are going on Infinity, you have chosen a beautiful ship.

Vancouver is a great walking town with much to see and do if you are in the downtown area. We did a van tour of the city, plus on our own visited China Town and Science Center (for the kids), plus Granville Island and water taxi rides though the bay there (sorry, don't remember the name).

We stayed at the Residence Inn a ways away from port, but only because we had our kids with us and wanted a larger hotel room. If we were to go by ourselves, I would have chosen Le Soleil, or perhaps Pan Pacific. You might want to stay close to Robson Street, lots of shopping, dining and evening entertainment there. If you do an Expedia search, you can find a wealth of choices there. When we booked our hotel, we used a site hellobc.com and found great rates, better than Expedia, Hotels.com or AAA rates. When you arrive in YVR (assuming you're flying there) treat yourself to a limo into town, only about $10 more than a taxi.

Have a great trip!

I dont remember the name of the pier someone else posted Ballantyne Pier. Anyway, I don't think there are any hotels around there, and IF you find some, don't stay there. It is an industrial area, and if you go up a few blocks near Hastings Street it isnt the best part of town. Stick with the hotels downtown, it won't be that much more money and a cab is not expensive.

The Infinity usually docks on the East side of Canada Place - the better views are on the west side - but as you cruise out of Vancouver Harbour the views will be good regardless of your location.

One hotel that a CC friend of mine has used once and has booked again is the Listel Hotel on Robson - in the heart of the shopping, dining area and half way to Stanley Park - has a great restaurant called O'Douls

Hope this helps

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

We took a taxi from Ballentyne Pier to the Airport when we returned from a Pacific Coastal cruise on Radiance of the Seas. The fare was $26.00 and we gave the driver a tip of $4.00 so $30 is just about right. It will all depend on the time of day ... the trip down Granville Street or Oak Street could be longer in rush hour traffic. A good site to check is also http://www.tourismvancouver.com for info. Laurey

• 2 weeks later...

Archived