FamilyCruise during Spring Break

ladyvee

I am travelling on the Fantasy during spring break (March 24) with 2 children ages 9 and 13. This is our first cruise together and I am concerned about college students. They wouldn't have wet t-shirt contests or anything will they? Has anyone out there experienced a cruise during spring break?:confused:

They wouldn't have wet t-shirt contests or anything will they?

That would be one of the milder activities. :rolleyes:

Ever see the "Girls Gone Wild" videos, or the special edition "Cops: Mardi Gras" ? :eek:

This is not Spring Break on the beaches in Florida or Padre Island.

Absolutely correct. It has the potential to be *much* worse since they are outside the jurisdiction of US Law Enforcement, and typically the cruiseline security staff is, shall we say, gutless and refuses to stop any lascivious behavior.

Geez, I would not put it past anyone to have a wet tshirt (not done by Carnival) contest... at any time of year, LOL... About 20 people last year had a "wet toga" contest on the Lido one evening... it was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

Tef is just trying to rattle the cage.

Carnival does not have any contest of this type as part of their activities. Now that is not to say that later in the evening after the adults have indulged with one too many that crazy things haven't happened (fully clothed people in the pools and hot tubs, things of that nature). Most, if any of these activites, will happen once the little ones have gone to sleep.

Since Carnival has a policy that no one under 21 can travel without someone 25 or older in the cabin (or unless they are married) then the problems are more than likely going to be with non-college students.

I'm not trying to scare you away - as a matter of fact I'm trying to tell you everything will be fine (or as fine as it can be with that many people on a floating city - no matter what cruiseline or time of year). We have traveled with our young children three times over spring break and never had any problems. Just be sure you know where your children are and what they are up to.

LOL, I have never, nor would I ever, cruised during Spring Break. You should be fine, but also keep an open mind that things might not be exactly "tame" at any time of the year.... but you can always remove yourself from a situation like that.

There are those (not imply it is anyone here) that would try to discourage you just because they want to limit the number of kids traveling during spring break. Even the things I mentioned about people wearing clothes into pools and hot tubs has never happened to my knowledge while I was on board. I was just trying to give you examples. I don't think it is college kids that you need to be concerned with. carnival is not the party boat that it used to be. They no longer have schedule beer chugging contests or things of that nature - much to the disappoint to some and the relief of others. Go and enjoy yourself and have a just have a great time - spend time with your kids - take them to dinner with you - let them try new foods that they would never have the opportunity to do at home.

These boards are very helpful - and you have time to do some research. I didn't find this board until I had already done 3 cruises and I still learn new things.

Archived