Stroller? Or not?

JessiMommy

Hello, travelling with a 4 year old on the Victory this Sunday (yippie!) Anyway, for those of you with children of this age would you reccommend me bringing our umbrella stroller for a child this age? She's at thge point where she rarely wants to stay in it unless she decides she's tired of walking. Any suggestions?

umbrella stroller...yes! There is lots of walking to do both on and off the ship and it will come in handy. Even if she's not sitting in it, you can put your bags in the seat or around the handle for convenience! On our last cruise we brought both our backpack carrier and our umbrella stroller and used them equally. The backpack carrier was handy for getting on/off tenders or boats and the stroller was great for shopping or strolling around the ship. On our next cruise our youngest will probably be a bit too big for the backpack carrier, but we'll still bring the stroller.

Another suggestion....you can usually wait and "check" your stroller right when you're boarding with a valet ticket thing. When you get off, the stroller (or backpack carrier or whatever) will be waiting for you on the ramp as you step back off the plane. Very handy if you are carrying lots of bags or kids and need a stroller right away. And perhaps less likely to get damaged than checking them at the counter or curb...

Bring the stroller! We just cruised the Miracle last week with our 3-year old and we used it quite a few times. After-dinner strolls around the ship, and she was asleep in the stroller within 45 minutes. It's easy enough to slip under your bed if you don't find yourself using it. We also used it to carry off our carry-on luggage at debarkation.

Guest Time2gocruzn

OMG...I have been obsessing about this for the last Couple weeks! LOL!! I want one that is small, reclines somewhat, and has a sunshade and is light. Here are the 2 I narrowed it down to..

The Chicco, which is like a fancy umbrella stroller. It is basically a fancy umbrella stroller, but it reclines, has a canopy and a small basket underneath. It also has a carrying strap.

The other one...and the one I bought today is the Combi soho savvy, I bought to sport. It weights 11 lb folds to 11" thin holds up to 45 lbs. Nice padding, reclines, has a generous basket underneath. It is hard to descibe but it looks like a miniature stroller....almost like a doll stroller or something. BUT I put both my boys in it and it does fith them both. Here are pics

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/baby/B00009Q1Z4/qid=1105674267/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/103-9805886-8631054

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-2283621-6165450?asin=B0002HS8UK&AFID=Bizrate&ref=tgt_adv_XSB10001

I really hated to spend the $$ but I know my kids won't sleep in a plain umbrella stroller, and I thought a canopy was important to keep them out of the sun so I splurged, lol. I really like that they have a carrying strap too. Makes life a little easier, I guess, and I know my littlest will sleep in it. No fun dealing w/ a crany kid on vacation! lol. But anyway...no matter what I would say a stroller is a must!! GL!:)

Archived