Is there time for both Meridia and Dz ruins?

edzoo

I'm leaving for my cruise on the 2nd!! My husband and I will be in Progresso from 7AM-4PM (on a Monday) with two teen boys in tow and I'm wondering if we'd have time to take in both Meridia and the Dz ruins. I'm thinking we would take a bus to Meridia and then catch a cab to Dz and have it wait for us and then take us back to the port. Or, the other way around. Am I overreaching?

I am thinking we will want to take a dip in the cenote, but I'm also noting that the museum will be closed, so that will cut out some time.

If this is do-able, I would be SO grateful if someone could give me a play-by-play of how to pull it off (where to catch cabs & buses) and what we should expect to pay (budget is tight).

Also, suggestions for what is 'must see' in Meridia would be great!

Thanks!

Many people have posted that they have done that iteneraary but in reverse. Ruins first when it's cooler. Grab a taxi to DZ, have the driver wait and then on to Merida's historical center. You may even have time for the carriage ride out onto Paseo Montejo before heading back to port.

I recently went to Progreso and I did the Combo Tour with autoprogresso. They take us to the Dzibichatun Ruins and after that to Merida City. It´s only $39. The ruins are really impressive and the city is beautiful, such a great taste of the ancient Mexico. If you want to contact them try the web page autoprogreso.com or the email address

autoprogresotours@hotmail.com

Have Fun!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Pink. The combo tour with Autoprogreso is the ticket. Great deal and great experience. We are going back to Progreso in Feb and will do the city tour by itself this time. We would like to spend more time in the city square and tour the cathedral church. $39 a person is a great deal. Happy Cruisin!!

• 3 weeks later...

Last week was my first time in this forum and found the address autoprogresotours@hotmail.com and asked for information. The tour agent gave me a full and clear information about the tour and My husband and I decided to book with this company.

When I arrived to Progreso someone was waiting for us in the pier and sent us in a bus to downtown where our tour started. First we went to the Dzibilchaltun Ruins. They aren't as grand as Chichen Itza, but the area has much to offer. There is an air conditioned museum on the premises, several old mayan structures including the temple of the seven dolls and the remains of an old church, mayan gardens, homes, etc to explore and also a beautiful clear, fresh water swimming hole (cenote).

After that we went to the city which is wonderfully Mexican and has a rich colonial history. I really really reccomend autoprogreso.

Clarissa :D

• 2 weeks later...
I recently went to Progreso and I did the Combo Tour with autoprogresso. They take us to the Dzibichatun Ruins and after that to Merida City. It´s only $39. The ruins are really impressive and the city is beautiful, such a great taste of the ancient Mexico. If you want to contact them try the web page autoprogreso.com or the email address

autoprogresotours@hotmail.com

Have Fun!!!

I´ve already booked this tour and I can not wait to enjoy the Mayan world.

This precious stone set in the silver sea.

Archived