Sandy Lane vs Accra Beach or something else??

LOAA

If there was only one beach that you could see when visiting Barbados for a day, that would take your breath away, which one would it be and why? I will be cruising in January, and Barbados is one of the port to visit. I can't figure out which beach to go to, they all seem so nice!! We want the beautiful scenery, the calm water for swimming, the nice white sand for lounging and maybe a couple of nice cheap cold beers to cool off. Does anyone have any suggestions or beach experience to share!! it would be greatly appreciated :)

The last statement pretty much says it. "nice Cheap Beers".. I'd go with Accra Beach. Sandy Lane Beach, which isn't directly accessible, except from the southern end, at the public walk past The Sands" doesn't to my knowledge, have anywhere for the public to obtain drinks/eats while on that beach. I could be wrong, as I haven't been there in a while.

Accra is very accessbiel.. it's not going to be "picture perfect", but it is going to cold beers and a great boardwalk for you to explore.

January may also not be the calmest sea conditions. The wind is usually higher during this month, which also can mean more wave action all around the island. This isn't to say you wouldn't find calm waters.. just not flat.

Thank you so much for your reply!! ... We are leaving in less then 3 weeks and are getting soo excited icon10.gif .... Accra seems to be the beach to go to from what you said and reading so many other reviews, so I think we will be aiming for Accra.... I was wondering thou, Is Accra a beach that can get easily crowded?? also, would you suggest any other beaches from what you have experienced? Thanks' again!!

Archived