Best Restaurant For 25th Wedding Aniversary

karjoe

Hello everyone....

Having cruised with Princess on our two and only cruises last year (we got the bug after the first one), we have decided to have our next cruise on the 'Big One':D:D. We enjoyed the Princess experience, but we are looking forward to RCL and the Oasis. During our cruise (21/08/10) we will celerbrate our 25th:):):) on the 28th Aug - can anyone suggest a nice restaurant for us to eat at (I would like it to be special),

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

(I will no doubt have many more questions in due course!!!!)

Joe

I noticed that the 150 Central restaurant changed its menu at least once midway during the cruise, so be careful. The menu you see online or posted on the ship in the beginning may not be the menu you'll be served on the night you actually eat there.

We signed up for the waitlist (never got called), but was glad we didn't as the menu changed and there was little I liked on it.

For the extra $25, Chops was great, and probably the best bargain was Giovanni's at only $15 extra

We'll be celebrating our 25th on the ship in April. We plan to dine at Chops. The menu for 150 didn't appeal to me. We didn't like Portofino as well as Chops, so we decided to eliminate Giovanni's as well. We really like Chops and I can always find several things I like there. We didn't want to do the "cake thing" in the MDR either.

We'll be celebrating our 25th on the ship in April. We plan to dine at Chops. The menu for 150 didn't appeal to me. We didn't like Portofino as well as Chops, so we decided to eliminate Giovanni's as well. We really like Chops and I can always find several things I like there. We didn't want to do the "cake thing" in the MDR either.

Giovanni's is VERY different than Portofino ;)

Hello everyone....

Having cruised with Princess on our two and only cruises last year (we got the bug after the first one), we have decided to have our next cruise on the 'Big One':D:D. We enjoyed the Princess experience, but we are looking forward to RCL and the Oasis. During our cruise (21/08/10) we will celerbrate our 25th:):):) on the 28th Aug - can anyone suggest a nice restaurant for us to eat at (I would like it to be special),

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

(I will no doubt have many more questions in due course!!!!)

Joe

I vote for Chops. Also, you should think about renewing your vows on the ship. DH and I renewed our vows for our 10 year anniversary in 2007 on the Freedom. LOVED it :)

Promonade.jpg.578b9888c21489d6d9d11d590a5304de.jpg

241248382_ByCar.jpg.0bb1e2223854b07cadc2d2e4c649ac94.jpg

What about the Chef's Table? It is $75pp and limited to 16 people, and includes paired wines as well as personalized attention from the Chef. I'm going on Jan 4th, and will post a review shortly thereafter.

No real intimate...would think one would not want to spend their 25th at a table with other guests.

We love Chops but did not do it on OA. We did 150 Central Park for our 30th "dating" anniversary. (We celebrate the day we met more often than we celebrate our wedding anniversary. LOL) It is much more intimate and more "special" than Chops. However, as others said, if either of you are picky eaters then it might not be for you. But if you want something special and are flexible on the foods then definitely 150 Central Park.

We love Chops but did not do it on OA. We did 150 Central Park for our 30th "dating" anniversary. (We celebrate the day we met more often than we celebrate our wedding anniversary. LOL) It is much more intimate and more "special" than Chops. However, as others said, if either of you are picky eaters then it might not be for you. But if you want something special and are flexible on the foods then definitely 150 Central Park.

I agree with you skiiergirl. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. However, we had our first date when we were 16 and my husband got his driver's license. We've really been together 38 years. That date is more special to us also. ;)

Archived