No more life jacket for Muster/Safety Drill???

G&TQ

I have heard that some ships are starting to dispense with the life jackets at the muster drill? If so which ships no longer require them? This is the one thing I hate the most of cruising.. Ok so maybe going home is the hated more...

So which ships are sans lifejackets for the muster drill?:):)

We did not have to bring the lifejackets this Nov on the Liberty... but earlier in the year we did on the Splendor. I have heard that it was a change in maritime law and it was not need to bring them to the drill. Now I cant confirm this but I did also hear that some new ships the lifejackets will be now kept at the muster station itself, and no longer in the closet in the cabins. Some body will have a link or tell you whats up. lol :D

Life vests are not in your cabin anymore. You need to get them from vending machines in case of an emergency - $2 each. The economy is really hitting the cruise industry hard.

LOL!!! It is a good thing we Canadians have a two dollar coin to fit into those vending machines...:rolleyes:

But being able to take pictures in the life vests was one of my highlights!!! It's fun because, well, I'm VERY well endowed, if you catch my drift, and everyone laughs at me because the ends of the vest don't hang down, but out... I guess we'll just have to take a couple pictures in the room instead now...

But being able to take pictures in the life vests was one of my highlights!!! It's fun because, well, I'm VERY well endowed, if you catch my drift, and everyone laughs at me because the ends of the vest don't hang down, but out... I guess we'll just have to take a couple pictures in the room instead now...

I would imagine that if you post some of the pics to which you refer you might make some immediate friends here.

Pretty certain this change will be fleetwide. On December Inspiration, there were lifejackets in our cabin but we were asked not to bring or wear them to muster which was in Paris Lounge (main lounge). During the safety drill, we were told that in an actual emergency we should return to our cabin, get warm clothes, medications and our lifejackets and come to the muster station.

I would imagine that if you post some of the pics to which you refer you might make some immediate friends here.

I will make a point to take a picture on this cruise and find this thread when I get back and post that picture. I happen to be a 42 I (yes, that is I like Ice cream!), and my friends are normally ROFL at me, since they insist that my chest will be all I need to float..

It would be great if we didn't need to bring them...has anyone who recently went on the Ecstasy had to bring thiers? With having 6 kids in our group and 1 of those under 5 and another an infant, not having to keep up with lifevests would be great! Plus not having to return them to the cabin and then going off to do stuff would be a big help too!

It would be great if we didn't need to bring them...has anyone who recently went on the Ecstasy had to bring thiers? With having 6 kids in our group and 1 of those under 5 and another an infant, not having to keep up with lifevests would be great! Plus not having to return them to the cabin and then going off to do stuff would be a big help too!

Look at the member review of a November Ecstasy cruise by kandaceandjason. That has your answer. And the answer is that you don't need to bring them to muster.

Regardless if you have to bring the life vest or not... what does it matter ? Do what you are told, get it over with and then start enjoying your cruise after all the coastguard requirements are met ! :rolleyes: I could care less if I have to bring the vest for the safety drill or not.... it's just a part of cruising that you have to accept and sure wouldn't make me stop cruising if or if not the life vest being brought with was required.

Life vests are not in your cabin anymore. You need to get them from vending machines in case of an emergency - $2 each. The economy is really hitting the cruise industry hard.

$2 if purchased in advanced. $50 in the event of a real emergency. :)

Archived