Train from Pisa to Florence?

CathyCruises

I need some feedback on taking a train from the airport in Pisa to central Florence--I assume this is doable? Any thoughts? I'd like to know time and approximate price, among other details.

Thanks

Cathy

Yes, there are some direct trains from Pisa Airport to Florence Santa Maria Novella station; takes 1 hr 20 min. I don't know the price (my guess is 5 to 7 euro ballpark). Other non direct trains require transfer at Pisa Centrale. To check schedules navigate to http://www.ferroviedellostato.it/, paste Pisa Aeroporto in box 1 and Firenze - in box 2. Provide your dates and get times. I think schedule is only 60 days forward but usually listed departure times don't change in summer season; may be even more direct trains added.

Thanks! You guys are great. This has helped so much with our last minute trip planning. Ridiculous that I can take a 14 day cruise and plan every detail for months beforehand, then go to Europe for 2 months and not plan a d*** thing! Didn't even get our plane tickets until less than 3 weeks prior. We leave Wednesday come what may, and I guess we'll figure it out when we get there! Now it looks like we may have to fly into Pisa, then take the train to Nice to pick up the Renault lease car (another great CC tip!) then drive back again. I have a few more calls to make and this holiday stuff is really getting in my way! But I didn't want to leave without saying THANKS for all the great help.

Cathy

Archived