First time ever and officially SCARED

1stimescardy

You will have a great time! We always go down day before departure so we eliminate the fear of missing the ship. We also usually head over to the Port hour or two before normal time and have never had a problem getting on ship.

We ALWAYS research CC and book all of our own excursions vs. using ship. Costs less and you can really find jewels in the rough if you will when you venture.

St. Thomas.. use Sonny Liston Tours. He is the best! He will make sure you are back to ship in time. NO WORRIES!

If heading to San Juan.. we caught a cab and headed to the Fort and then walked back into the city for an awesome dinner. Allows you to do your own thing on your own time.

Another reason not to use the Ships excursions is that you can go explore and then head back to ship and enjoy the ship while most are out on excursions.

Have a couple good books, ready your Ipod and enjoy a lounge chair poolside.

Can't wait to hear about your first cruise. You will love it. Can't wait for our next one (2/28/10).

Ok so I am a 25 year old single mom who works and goes to school full time. I have decided to do something crazy... lol I have never seen the ocean, never been on a plain, and have FOR SURE never been on a cruise. I booked the 4/11/2010 Southern Caribbean cruise on Carnival Victory.

St. Thomas

Dominca

Barbados

St. Lucia

St. Kitts

St. Maarteen

My boyfriend and I are going and this is a new expierence for us both. My biggest concern... MISSING THE BOAT!.. lol I am scared to wander off too far. Is this to much cruise for my first time???? Oh goodness

I think you picked a fantastic trip - I would love to be joining you. The good thing about this cruise at this time is you don't have to worry about hurricanes, and the likelihood of your cruise being re-routed or messed up because of weather is really small.

The best advice I can give you is to read these boards - you'll find everything from packing advice to information on the ports of call. Since you are in St. Thomas (USA!) first, hopefully that will help you relax 'cause it's home. No passport or docs other than driver's license. If I may be so bold to suggest, you may want to take an island tour here. There are tons of recommendations on the ports of call boards - we went with Henry of EEE - he is a retired police officer and we couldn't have felt safer. Our ship was a couple hours late getting to port, but he was there waiting. We didn't have to be back until very late, so time just wasn't an issue. It is such a beautiful island with incredible vistas and history, that I would say that it is worth taking a tour around. The shopping here is also great.

I also second flying into San Juan (also USA) the day before - take a walk up to the fort and learn some of the local history - wow!

I know this is a port intenstive vacation, but unlike my DH, I like it that way. I LOVE waking up in a different place every day. And if you balance taking a couple of tours and shopping with beach days, it really should not wear you out. Also, make sure you eat in the Supper Club one night....

By any chance did you book a balcony? This would be a WONDERFUL cruise to have one. Single mom, working and school full time? Get a balcony, GF!

My 1st cruise was a 1 year 2 months ago, and I have a month and 1/2 before I am on the Dream. Can't wait.

My sister tried for years to get me to go on a Cruise with her. Now I have 3 booked, and so does she :o)

You are going to have a blast.

Remember there is nothing saying you have to leave the ship in every port.

Do your research, if there is a port you don't really care to see, (Now)

Skip it and enjoy the fact everyone has gone ashore, and you have the pool to yourself.

Remembering you are going to love cruising, & will cruise again some day, and will likely have the chance to cruise there again. :D

Archived