Any really die hard adventure seekers out there

stuNYC

For those of you afraid of heights, I found an excurison on Kauai that is definitely not for you. But am definitely psyched.

I used to be a very timid guy; but after parasailing ( and getting the reaction from friend and collegues that they couldn't believe I would do something so "daring), I went tandem skydiving at 55 and 60, went around a NASCAR racetrack at 165mph and went hot air ballooning. My lastest passion is tandem hang gliding. I just found a place on Kauai called Birds of Paradise that is 30 minutes from the pier that I can take a 90 minute ride in an powered ultralite (think of two wings over your head sitting in a harness with a motor and rotor) with 360 degree views. I have to be there at 6:45AM because of better weather conditions in early AM but it will be worth it.

Trust me this excursion is not in the guide book I just found it surfing the web.

What is your favorite excursion that you are looking forward to? I sure that we all have one must do!

That sounds interesting...may have to check that out. We are talking of going skydiving in Honolulu with SkyDive Hawaii. We're both airborne qualified so we've jumped out of planes before, but have never done a free fall which I'm dying to do.

I don't how exciting it will be if you are airborne trained. Free fall at 1300 ft is about a minute. The first time I went skydiving it was a total adrenaline rush experience. The second time was- done that-not very exciting.

Having done both I would suggest A 90 MINUTE hang glidding TOUR of Kauai. If they say not to the helo ride around the island, imagine the same ride but being outside of the helo

StuNYC...please do post your experience when you get back. It sounds like it would be an amazing way to see Kauai since everyone says that seeing it by helo is the best way to go. I would think a glider would be even more superb.

Ship docks at 7AM; from reviews I have read, most people are off at 9:30AM. What time would you suggest that I book a flight on HA to Maui.

Does anyone know if HA is one of the carriers that you can have NCL send your bags directly to the terminal. I did it in Vancouver and it was a well worth the money.

I tried to call NCL today but the wait was too long. In any event, critic cruise members often provide better guidance than the cruiseline

Thanks in advance

Archived