Belize excursion for 2 yr old

cruisamom

I personally wasn't real impressed with Belize. And I have decided that unless I book a ship's excursion (which I'm not a huge fan of to begin with), I don't know that I'll be getting off any ship I'm on that goes to Belize. The tendering ride take quite a while from the ship into Belize City, then getting to wherever you're going takes even longer...ESPECIALLY if it's somewhere you need to take ANOTHER boat to get to. Versus the ship's excursions where the ferry that picks you up to tender takes you directly to where you're going.

Bannister Caye was nice...the water was very, very shallow and calm. If you can get there with your ship, I'd recommend going. Otherwise getting there by a boat was iffy...the ride was so rough we kept hitting our heads on the boat's overhang.

We loved Bannister Island. We just went last week. It is great for kids as the water is very shallow. We used Eco tours after it was recommended on cruise critic. Their office is located right where you get off the tender so no need to go far and be bothered by people selling. The boat ride is a long one but worth it in my opinion.

Archived