Gem Eastern Caribbean 1/24 Help please!

Hdietsche1

My husband and I, along with my b-and s- in law are going on this cruise soon. We don't see many of the excursions that would please all of us. I am thinking that we just want to get off the ship and fend for ourselves. Shopping and sight seeing mostly. What are your recommendations?

Thank you!

My husband and I, along with my b-and s- in law are going on this cruise soon. We don't see many of the excursions that would please all of us. I am thinking that we just want to get off the ship and fend for ourselves. Shopping and sight seeing mostly. What are your recommendations?

Thank you!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=862876 Here's a link to the roll call for our 1/24 GEM cruise. Many of us on the roll call have been to all the ports before and can help out with suggestions.

The only port that I would really reccomend a NCL excursion would be Tortola, since we are only there from 7-1 and there isn't much to do close to the ship. We've done the Baths, and tours there in the past.

St. Thomas is the best port for shopping, and you can get good prices on electronics, and jewelry there. There are many places within walking distance of the ship, or you can take the bus to the downtown are for shopping.

Yes, ROLL CALL and the PORTS OF CALL boards will help out some.

Also, as a current message thread discusses, some people do not feel they need to do something at every single port. Some people take so many excursions they come home tired and broke and then need another vacation.

LOL

Archived