Scuba...fly and dive to ambergris caye

whoareyou2000

Hello:

We are on RCCL Liberty of the Seas March 21. Has anyone done the SCUBA...FLY AND DIVE TO AMBERGRIS CAYE tour with Shore Trips? If so, did you have sufficient time to make the tour while the ship was in port and what was the tour like...all components including transfers, flight and diving?

Thanks.

Tim

Hello:

We are on RCCL Liberty of the Seas March 21. Has anyone done the SCUBA...FLY AND DIVE TO AMBERGRIS CAYE tour with Shore Trips? If so, did you have sufficient time to make the tour while the ship was in port and what was the tour like...all components including transfers, flight and diving?

Thanks.

Tim

Check out this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1069185

We're flying over the week after next to snorkel. Wanted more on island time so decided to skip the diving. I will post a review when we get back. We booked thru ecotoursbelize.com

I have done the fly and dive twice now, both with Ecotours. The price includes everything. I'm on the Liberty of the Seas on March 7th, and plan to do the same thing again. It's a 20 minute flight and once you land on Ambergis Caye, you can walk to the dive shop. Nothing beats the dive! On my last trip, our ship was late arriving in port so we were only able to complete 1 dive instead of 2 but it's worth it. The flight allows you to see the gorgeous views. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I have done the fly and dive twice now, both with Ecotours. The price includes everything. I'm on the Liberty of the Seas on March 7th, and plan to do the same thing again. It's a 20 minute flight and once you land on Ambergis Caye, you can walk to the dive shop. Nothing beats the dive! On my last trip, our ship was late arriving in port so we were only able to complete 1 dive instead of 2 but it's worth it. The flight allows you to see the gorgeous views. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi FliLady...thanks for the information. How long was the tour and did you have sufficient time from ship arrival and departure to make the tour? What time are you going on the tour when you are there in March?

By the time I go, two weeks after you, EST will have converted to EDT and we will be 2 hours ahead of Belize meaining that we get in at 5 AM and depart at 3 PM. What tour times would you recommend for this? I have sent an email to Ecotours asking the same.

What airline did they use to fly over and did you think they were safe? I have seen some reports about unsafe airlines in Belize.

Thanks.

Tim

Archived