What to wear on Zodiac Whale Watch in Cabo?

cruisin'sz

We did a Zodiac in Feb last 2008..I wore my bathing suit and a coverup..ended up taking off the coverup as it was very hot..also depending on where you are sitting you could get wet from spray and waves when they fullthrotle to the next vewing place..they use an overhead plane to give them spottings...it's a really rough ride when they go full speed..:eek: no one "bounced" out but we did bumb up and down a lot...here is a pic..have fun..it was definitely a great excursion..

DSCF1699.jpg.1a3d6dcdf0b4237a86297e2f5045f595.jpg

We did a Zodiac in Feb last 2008..I wore my bathing suit and a coverup..ended up taking off the coverup as it was very hot..also depending on where you are sitting you could get wet from spray and waves when they fullthrotle to the next vewing place..they use an overhead plane to give them spottings...it's a really rough ride when they go full speed..:eek: no one "bounced" out but we did bumb up and down a lot...here is a pic..have fun..it was definitely a great excursion..

Nice picture! Did you book your tour through the ship or on your own. Do you remember the name of the company? It looks like there were several people on your zodiak. I was under the impression that there would only be about 15 people per boat. Any suggestions on where to sit in order to avoid getting wet?

we were on the Carnival Pride and did the Zodiac tour thru them...we were actually on a smaller Zodiac (the pic I took was of another company's Zodiac, sice I couldn't get a pic of ours :p) that held about 15 people or so...we actually sat towards the back, but not way back, because when they slow down the waves can and did come up over the back of the Zodiac..we had a bit of spray, but no way to avoid that no matter where you sit...as I said..I'd do it again in a heartbeat..it was awesome..

It's "possible" that it could be just a little cool on the morning run. That coolness will generally be caused by wind chill and water spray combined, but it's not bad. When we went on a zodiac a few years ago we found that sandals (water type), a swimsuit, and a non insulated windbreaker was perfect. When it got hot, it was easy to stuff the jacket in a plastic bag. If you wear a hat, a neck strap will be handy or you will be holding it in your hand (if it has not already sailed overboard.

We will be back in Cabo in early February on the Mariner Of The Seas. It's our favorite time for whale watching.

Two zodiac companies in Cabo. The ships generally use Cabo Expeditions. The one we used was OceanRiders. The two companies use completely different types of zodiac's (different seating). We were there for our annual weekly timeshare visit.

We did it in late March and it was quite warm. And I in fact "bounced" out. I had my leg over the side and the wave hit it- sudden swimming opportunity. I had on the required life jacket and as soon as I realized that they had cut the motor, my only concern, I just rode it up and took the opportunity to use the sea as nature intended. It made me a bit famous on the ship. But it was still a great trip.

Archived