Typical English menus -- Sea Princess

Good Morning! This is our first post to CC, though we've been avid readers for a couple of years now. Thank you, all, for your information and guidance.

DH and I are considering a future Sea Princess Caribbean cruise. We are Americans who have never been across the pond, and we've read that the SP menus are developed primarily for the English palate. Would you tell us what the basic differences are?

Thanks so much,

The Floating Buckeyes

The Sea Princess offers American type food choices also, but there are added items that were more uncommon to our daily diet as Americans. We saw this quite often in the buffet more than on the dining room menus. English bacon, beans, and other food offerings for breakfast that were not common to us.

It's been a few years since we sailed on the Sea so those are the top two that came to my head. There were many more, but I need more coffee to get my brain functioning I think after the holidays. :)

I will say it was refreshing to see other items that we normally don't see served onboard most sailings. Fun and different, and many items were very enjoyable as it wasn't just the same old same old that you find on most ships. :)

One thing that really stands out in my memory was the dessert table at the buffet in the evening, it was one of the best on any ship we have sailed on.

And if you haven't sailed on one of the Sun Class ships in the past, remember to try the sit down pizza restaurant offered (sorry, can't remember if the Sea has Verdes or what the name of it is as we have sailed on the Sun, Dawn and Sea and tend to confuse the restaurant name). No pizza by the pool on this class of ship, but a great little pizza type restaurant (no take outs, but you can order to your stateroom for a $3 delivery charge). Lots of great food choices besides pizza. The Sun Class is our all time favorite class of ship in the fleet. Big enough to offer lots of things to do, but not so big you need to pack a lunch to get from one end to the other. ;)

Here are some sample menus from Princess. From what I can remember this is pretty close to what we had on the Sea Princess, take a look at the English menu. You will see some things you might not be use to like Bangers and Mash I believe it was for breakfast. But to Quote a TV show host "If it looks good eat it". :)

I think you will really like the Sea Princess we had a fantastic time on aboard and the crew had to be one of the nicest we've ever had the pleasure to cruise with.

Archived