RCI Cruisetour vs. Celebrity Cruisetour

I already have a 12 day Alaskan Cruisetour booked with Celebrity for August 2010 but through an email from RCI found out that I can get almost the exact same cruisetour (difference is motorcoach from Seward to Anchorage instead of train) for less money with a $200 on board credit. I have been on RCI twice but am new to Celebrity.

I am trying to find why I shouldn't change to RCI? I have been reading about the plumbing problems on Radiance (which would be the ship) and that is kinda making me doubt the change. I have read that they are fixing the problems but still leary.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

From all that I can see the cruisetours offered by RCI and Celebrity are identical except for the dates (obviously due to the different sailing dates for their ships). We chose RCI because it best fits our tastes, although, we have had some good times on Celebrity ships our overall preference remains with Royal Carribean. I am not terribly concerned with the reports of plumbing problems on Radiance because there is plenty of time for them to deal with and correct them before we sail and I am sure that they will do so. If you have had great experiences with RCI in the past, as have we, and it is also financially advantageous, go with them. If you want to have a slightly different experience on a good ship and good line, this could be the time to try Celebrity. Land portions of the trip should be exactly the same but the cruise experience may differ slightly. Whatever your final choice, I don't think you will be disappointed. Enjoy Alaska. It is a spectacular place.:)

Archived