Celebrity Cruisetour or RCI Cruisetour

calliesocks

I already have a Celebrity 12 day Alaskan Cruisetour booked for August 2010 but have now come across almost the same tour (only difference is you go by motorcoach from Seward to Anchorage) with RCI. The RCI tour is less and comes with a $200 on board credit. I have done RCI twice but am new to Celebrity.

Was wondering if there is any reason I should stay with Celebrity and not change to RCI. After reading some of the threads about the entertainment and activities on the Millie, I am kind of concerned that there might not be enough activities to keep me engaged. I know I will be viewing the sights on the Alaskan cruise but can't do that all day long.

Any advise would be appreciated.:)

I already have a Celebrity 12 day Alaskan Cruisetour booked for August 2010 but have now come across almost the same tour (only difference is you go by motorcoach from Seward to Anchorage) with RCI. The RCI tour is less and comes with a $200 on board credit. I have done RCI twice but am new to Celebrity.

Was wondering if there is any reason I should stay with Celebrity and not change to RCI. After reading some of the threads about the entertainment and activities on the Millie, I am kind of concerned that there might not be enough activities to keep me engaged. I know I will be viewing the sights on the Alaskan cruise but can't do that all day long.

Any advise would be appreciated.:)

What is the transportation on Celebrity if RCCL is motorcoach? If it is train, I would pick train ANY DAY. I cannot stand riding on the bus with 50 other people and be confined to my seat. On a train you can walk around... use the restroom and no traffic concerns. To me it is just more comfortable. Of course, after sailing for years and years with RCCL and then switching over to Celebrity, I will not return to RCCL unless someone buys me a cruise. I think Celebrity is far superior to RCCL for several reasons. I am 40 and enjoy the age group on Celebrity. I think with Alaska you are going to get mostly an older crowd, but... that is fine with me. I like the food better on Celebrity and the class of service. I am not sure what you mean by activities? If you are the type that wants to climb a rock wall (which I have done and enjoyed) or mini golf... than yeah, RCCL has a few more of those types of activities. BUT... I don't really care to do that for the most part, and those are the only "activities" that are much different. I also think Celebrity's cabins are MUCH MUCH nicer than RCCL. That is a big one for me.

Good luck with your decision.:)

Guest maddycat

We did RCCL's 12 night Alaska cruise tour on the Vision of the Seas in 2005. It was excellent! We took buses, a train and a plane during the land tour.

I would advise you to take the land tour first and then the south bound cruise. You'll be able to rest up a little once on the cruise. The land tour is very tiring. In most cases, luggage had to be packed and outside your door by, if I remember correctly, 6:30 in the morning.

I'm sure that either Celebrity or RCCL would be wonderful. You're wrong about one thing, in Alaska you do spend most of your time looking at scenery. Daylight until 10:30 or 11:00 at night!

Archived