Does Carnvial dock at the Megapier

gargoyle999

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Want to rent a car when we are in Curacao. Looks like Avis has rentals available at the Megapier. Is there where Carnival docks?

We rented from Avis at Mega Pier in April 2008, it is amazingly easy.

AS photos show walk down pier, left through open tent areas and it is housed in small booth building-right by the mailbox there on buildng wall. Make sure to make a reservation - should be code WM2 -for location. She pulled up reservation, called a gal who came from airport in less than 10 minutes pulled up right by us aat curb. We were told they close 12-2 for lunch I think, and to return it by just parking in spot by the office there. Very simple-just that car had to be back I think 4 or 5pm, oh and all the signs are I think in Danish!

Lots of round a bouts. We took son to Blue Bay golf course with no issues 20 minutes or so away, and sight seeing. If you want to shop around town and go across flaoting bridge no need for car. I'll see if I can find photos and link to them later.

040908041108Curacao003.jpg

Photo taken from ship as docked at Curacao Mega Pier, to get to Avis office walk under tent, turn left.This photo taken prior to Renaissance hotel being completed on Right shoreline (2008)

Shot taken as under tent looking back at ship

040908CuracaoAvisoffice003-2.jpg

Photo of Avis Car Rental Curacao - note far right of photo if where we parked car upon returning. 040908CuracaoAvisoffice002.jpgThanks Connie for photo tutorial help!

Bring your paperwork if you rent from Avis- they are good, but sometimes computers aren't 100% in islands! For us it was smooth, but fast since we had papers in hand.

For our trip we took son to Blue Bay Golf Club (they also have a beach there accessible via golf cart-just tell gate person golfing, or beach)(about 20min from port)

Then drove around, got some grocery items like water & soda

Would recommend Kontiki Beach

If shopping in town across bridge, park on main drag just past bridge on road should find parking if not ready to return car or just return it. (More of a hassle to keep it though, easier to walk and experience vendors on way to floating bridge.

I have more Curacao photos and can post soon-basic tour of town, great Catholic church,shopping across in Punda area.

Archived