Best time to cruise Mexican Riviera?

jasper02

My favorite time is the end of October (no more hurricanes) into the beginning of November. It starts to cool off and you can enjoy a day of walking about with becoming dripping wet and sticky.

I was there a few weeks back and it was great too.

Am going in the beginning of March and will see what that time is like. I know the water temps will be cooler closer to CA, so my plans to snorkel in Cabo might not materialize....

If kids are an issue, plan for a time that isn't during any breaks...

we usually do the MRin Mid November after Hurricane season or late jan early feb since rates are cheap and gettin south of the border is warmer than home during winter

My favorite time is the end of October (no more hurricanes) into the beginning of November.

Unfortunately this isn't necessarily true, hurricane season officially goes to 12/1 and there can be hurricanes in Oct/Nov. We sailed with Hurricane Rick on the Splendor the week of October 18th last year, but sailing on her again the week of October 24th this year, so hopefully no hurricanes this time! :rolleyes:

Historically, the hurricanes pretty much fizzle out by mid October. They don't completely dissipate, but they tend to head west, away from land. There are always exceptions however. We tend to avoid September/October because of the humidity in Cabo and PV. November is when the humidity cycle breaks in PV. Cabo is generally only humid in September/October. November is the start of the tourist season in PV.

I'm planning my first cruise to the Mexican Riviera and I am looking for some help in deciding the best time of year to visit (decent temperatures, less crowds, etc).

Thanks for any advice,

Valerie:rolleyes:

Hot and humid June thru September. Humidity and extreem heat has moderated by early October. Best time to visit is late October thru mid-November. Hurricane risk is virtually nothing, rainy season has been done for about a month, the countryside is lush & green and you are on the leading edge of the heavy tourist season which kicks in after Thanksgiving.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of late April into early to mid May. Any comments on those times?:confused:

We are sailing Princess and going 5/1/10 which is their last cruise for the season for the MR. She then heads "North to Alaska". We picked this date as my DH's birthday is 5/3. Hopefully the weather will be ok. I'm just happy to go somewhere this year! Other lines may go further into May but not sure.

Enjoy your planning!

I see you sailed the Splendor. You must have liked her as you've booked again...

I was just on a few weeks back. After Princess and RCI, I found the ship somewhat disconnected. It did not seem to have a nice flow and many of the common areas were small and did not flow well. I think I'm just too old for her. LOL

I also have friends that live in Morgan Hill........

How hot does it get in Feburary?

David.........................:)

Mid 70's to mid 80's for the Cabo, Maz, PV run. You are going much further south on Carnival Spirit. It will be hot and humid in Acapulco. It's that way year around. The humidity will drop off a little as you head north to Zihuatanejo, and Manzanillo. I think you will find those 2 ports quite pleasant. While you are at sea, it will be cool/cold on your first and last "at sea" day. Anything south of Cabo (at sea) will be perfect.

I see you sailed the Splendor. You must have liked her as you've booked again...

I was just on a few weeks back. After Princess and RCI, I found the ship somewhat disconnected. It did not seem to have a nice flow and many of the common areas were small and did not flow well. I think I'm just too old for her. LOL

I also have friends that live in Morgan Hill........

Actually, we had our next Splendor cruise booked in October already (it's a group with 29 friends so far), before DH and I decided to 'check her out' this last October. I agree, some of the layout was kind of funky, but we had a great time (many we talked to agreed with us that the crew was the best of all of our cruises) and expect our group to also have a great cruise, of course with so many of our friends we could be on a barge and have a great time! We do like the Spirit class the best, but they took the Pride away from us, so maybe the Spirit will be next (again). But first we're doing the Paradise (again) next month, I like the Fantasy class ships too, very comfy and easy to get around.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of late April into early to mid May. Any comments on those times?:confused:

I was there 2 years ago in mid April. The water in Cabo was just a little cool but much wamer then California. Acapolco was getting hot but the water was oh so nice. I would not go any later then end of May. You might be best off going in April because it wont be as busy since most kids are in School.

Read some of the posts, and there are 4 of us that are going to the Mexican Riveria sometime in October and it sounds like the best time is the very last week?! We can't really move our vacation time to much.

June of 08 sailed with Princess to Alaska, I thought I was going to die, the sea was EXTREMELY rough, I had to be kept in the med. clinic for 1/2 day IV'd and there were about 300-400 people sick too. They had yellow tapes up all over the ship to keep people away from the "tossed cookies" everywhere...it was a nightmare. :eek:There were so many ship employees down in the clinic. And nothing I had with me helped, I had the "patch", meclizine. Never thought I could be so ill.

Princess captain never came on and said one word, my DH and couple we were with said they never announced anything, I just wanted to die so I didn't care.

Several glass windows from the balconys were busted, and you could hear and definetly feel the straining stabilizers. All our stuff was sliding off the dressers. Ugh

So here I go again, I'm doing this for family and am just praying that october is a very calm month in the Mexican Riveria. If anyone has any suggestions, or thinks I'm on the right track with the last week in October, please let me know.

ThanX!

I am thinking of going to Mexico in the summer around middle of june! I go to school full-time and this is really the only time I can go! I understand it is hot and humid, but besides that is this a good time to cruise down to Mexico?? What are the pro and cons about going in the summer? It seems as the only two ships available to cruise down to Mexico are either RC Mariner of the seans or Carnival Splendor, anyone have personal experiance about these ships??

Thanks

Rudy

Archived