Port of Long Beach (Splendor) Shuttle Question

aarinsmama

We fly in the Saturday before our cruise, do I need to prebook something or can I just get off the plane and find Super Shuttle?

You don't need to pre book super shuttle. You can get one at LAX no problem.

Jen in SoCal

I always use Zippy Shuttle. I will be sailing on the Splendor in February and will use them again. They are very dependable and I have not been able to beat their prices. They will go from LAX or Long Beach. They know what time the ships arrive at each port. They will be ready to pick you up when you get off. If the ship comes in late you just call them when you get off and they will come right away. I have been very impressed! When you call you will probably speak with the owner Ken. He is a really nice person. Tell him Jeremy from Utah said hi for me. Here is a link if you want to check it out.

http://www.zippyshuttle.net/default.htm

<P>

</P>

<P>Anyone know what the cost of a taxi is from Long Beach to LAX? And also does anyone know if Super SHuttle is less expensive if we book ahead of time or if it's the same if we just found them when we got off the ship.

</P>

<P> </P>

<P>I googles taxi fares from LAX the other day and found a website much like the shuttle websites, that would let me input to and from locations.  According to that website the fare from LAX to Long Beach is around $70, so about double the cost of a shuttle!</P>

We also have to book a shuttle from the POrt to LAX in Feb. (We only need it on our return from the cruise). We have a 1:30 flight so I'm nervous about having to wait around at the port for a full shuttle before it can leave, but since there are only 3 of us, we also don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a private shuttle.

Anyone know what the cost of a taxi is from Long Beach to LAX? And also does anyone know if Super SHuttle is less expensive if we book ahead of time or if it's the same if we just found them when we got off the ship.

I have the same concerns. Our flight is out of LAX at 1:00 when we get off the Splendor. Has anyone taken a taxi? What was the cost? When I called Super Shuttle, they told me they make one run from the port, at 9:45. Think that is enough time for us to get to LAX for that flight at 1:00?

I finally just called Super Shuttle today and made a reservation for when we get off the ship (Splendor) on Sunday. Our flight is at noon so I'm a little nervous about waiting around for them to show up, etc. They told me that you make a reservation without a time and when you get off the ship, just go to the shuttle spot and they will load you up and head to the airport. I figure there are going to be so many of us going to LAX that how long could the shuttle really wait.

If it gets to be too long, then I'll grab a cab and call the $34 I paid a mistake but I think it will work out.

I'm thinking about just reserving a private car now instead of the shared van - I think it will be safer with our time constraints. We won't have to wait for the van to fill up and can just be on our way as soon as possible.

I'm thinking about just reserving a private car now instead of the shared van - I think it will be safer with our time constraints. We won't have to wait for the van to fill up and can just be on our way as soon as possible.

I think if you are going to be nervous you should probably go the private car route. My sister just went on this cruise in September and they booked a private car (their flight was at 12:10 p.m. just like my flight is going to be). She said she booked the car for 9:30 and was off the ship by 8:30 and had to wait an hour for him to show up. So, you might want to keep this in mind with a private driver. I did call a cab company and they said the fare would be about $70.00 -- and there are cabs just waiting at the pier so you wouldn't have to wait.

One thing to consider about the Super Shuttle is that it only holds 7 people so hopefully the wait wouldn't be that long. Like I said, I'm going to give it a try (for my 12:10 flight) and if I end up waiting too long, I'll just get out and grab a cab.

I think if you are going to be nervous you should probably go the private car route. My sister just went on this cruise in September and they booked a private car (their flight was at 12:10 p.m. just like my flight is going to be). She said she booked the car for 9:30 and was off the ship by 8:30 and had to wait an hour for him to show up. So, you might want to keep this in mind with a private driver. I did call a cab company and they said the fare would be about $70.00 -- and there are cabs just waiting at the pier so you wouldn't have to wait.

One thing to consider about the Super Shuttle is that it only holds 7 people so hopefully the wait wouldn't be that long. Like I said, I'm going to give it a try (for my 12:10 flight) and if I end up waiting too long, I'll just get out and grab a cab.

Any chance you know how long of a ride it is from the Port to LAX?? If we reserve the private car for 9:30 like your sister did, about how long will it take to get to LAX?

Another good shuttle service is Karmel Shuttle. I'm a local but have used them from home to the airport, and a previous employer used them exclusively and I never heard of any problems. They go to both ports and all LA-area airports. Also they are locally-based in Orange County instead of a franchise of a national operation.

I made a reservation with Ken at Zippy after reading so many positive comments on cc. He returns calls and e-mails within 30 minutes and will answer any questions you have. This was the confirmation I received from him for our return from the pier to the airport. We have a 1:00 pm flight so I made arrangements to be picked up at 9am. When we get our luggage - we call him and they will be there within 5 minutes. I wasn't sure if we'd be off the ship by 8am or 8:30. If so, he said just give them a call. They might need up to 35 minutes which I thought was fine.

"01/31/10 Sunday 9:00AM+:

San Pedro Cruise Terminal RCCL Mariner of the Seas to LAX

***On docking at port, after getting luggage, please call us at (877) 889-4779 for driver to pick you up at the passenger pickup curb within minutes***In case you find that you will disembark much earlier, please call us with a 35 minute lead-time."

He charges $60 for the first 3 people and $5 for any additional passengers up to 8. That includes gratuity. Good luck with your plans.

So I just reserved our shuttle - we went with Super and got a great price for 3 people from the port to LAX.

However, I'm still a little concerned about the timing. They asked what time the ship docked and I told them it was scedheule to be back at 9:00am so they said they would be there at 10:00am to pick us up.

Does this sound reasonable for a 1:15 flight from LAX? They said it only takes 20 minutes to get from the POrt to LAX and 10:00 will be plenty of time.

Archived