Need help choosing a Carnival ship.

jasper02

I would like to give Carnival a try and I need help deciding on a ship. I wanted to try the Dream, but I have seen nothing but bad reviews for her.

I would appreciate any opinions on Carnival's "best". The things that are important to me are food, entertainment and cabin comfort.

Thanks!

Valerie

I would like to give Carnival a try and I need help deciding on a ship. I wanted to try the Dream, but I have seen nothing but bad reviews for her.

I would appreciate any opinions on Carnival's "best". The things that are important to me are food, entertainment and cabin comfort.

Thanks!

Valerie

I would do the dream then, the kinks will be all fixed by the time you go.

You should have everything your looking for on that ship.

Have fun planning!

Thanks!

Valerie

If you look at all the reviews of the DREAM and throw out the best and worst you will get a better idea of what the DREAM is like. I wouldn't even look at a review from the 2 day cruise to nowhere out of New York. The had bad weather and rough seas and some are blaming the DREAM for that. At any rate, we can't wait to get on the DREAM in Nov. I personally know people that have sailed on the DREAM and they say she is a fantastic vessel.

Thanks!

Valerie

Well, the Spirit class ships are my favorite. But, of the things you raised as important, they are pretty consistent ship wide. The food is based on a fleet wide menu - the differences between ships might be what is offered on the Lido deck (asian, deli, burrito bar etc). Likewise, many of the production shows are performed on all ships - entertainers that are flown in like comedians, hypnotists and jugglers will vary depending on when you sail and cannot be predicted. The only difference I noted recently in entertainment is the addition of the Comedy Club on the Glory - it was in its 3rd week and a huge success, and I have seen suggestions that more ships are now offering that. Cabin comfort on the ships are basically the same and size and amenities depends on category of cabin; balcony is a balcony is a balcony.

I would pick considering departure port and ports of call, keeping in mind I like the Spirit class. I haven't been on the Dream and would love to try her, but right now I won't pay the inflated prices for the "new" ship.

We loved the Carnvial Freedom. We did it Feb 2009 on the Exotic Western. We did it Feb 2008 Eastern. It was our favorite ship. I do like the Eastern better. We also like the Southern but can't find too many on the newer ships We have the Dream booked for next month. Will let you know.

I too love the "Spirit" class ships, but you won't go wrong IMO with any of the "Conquest" class ships either. I'd suggest the "Miracle" or "Legend", depending on the itinerary you want, and the price you can get. You might prefer the slightly larger "Liberty", with the big screen on the Lido deck. I agree that "Dream" would probably be O.K., and also agree that by the time you sail her, the minor problems will all be fixed. It's a bit too big for me personally, as I prefer to sail with 1000 fewer passengers. (less lines etc.) Whatever you choose, you're going to have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

Archived