Legend tender time for private excursion in Belize

Delta Dear

We will be in Belize on Feb.11 and will be met by my husband's cousin who lives there. I don't know what to tell him in terms of time to be at the port. I have read on here that they tender all of the Carnival sponsored excursion people first.

From your experience on the Legend, what time would be reasonable to expect to arrive in Belize? Thanks.

We will be in Belize on Feb.11 and will be met by my husband's cousin who lives there. I don't know what to tell him in terms of time to be at the port. I have read on here that they tender all of the Carnival sponsored excursion people first.

From your experience on the Legend, what time would be reasonable to expect to arrive in Belize? Thanks.

Hi Delta Dear;

DW and I were on Legend last month. Belize is a tender port, took about 10-15 minutes from ship to pier. We were on the first tender, so we probably left the ship about 8:15 or so. But there were 2 other tenders ready to take people to pier. We had to go to show lounge to get a sticker to get on tender, and they did give people on Carnival excursions priority. That being said, I don't think you will have to wait too long after first tender goes.

Belize isn't a tender port. I don't remember what time we got there, but just adding that. :)

RadChick,

If you didn't tender, you didn't go to Belize; it IS a tender port.

Delta Dear,

Assuming that tendering starts at eight, I would guess between nine thirty and ten o'clock. It is a long tender ride and they do tender Carnival excursions first. We've been there three times, but only once via Legend.

As a previous poster mentioned, the tender only takes about 15 minutes. Just a reminder about keeping to ship time, which is on eastern time zone; Belize time/local time is an hour behind, as it is on the central time zone. Wouldn't want to miss that last tender:eek:

Belize isn't a tender port. I don't remember what time we got there, but just adding that. :)

I just got back yesterday from the cruise - Carnival Legend, and Belize IS a tender port. The ship anchors 6 miles off the shore and the tender takes about 10 minutes.

Yes, it is.

DeltaDear,

I would recomend going as early as possible to get your tender tickets (probably at the main lounge but it will say in the capers). You can get a tender ticket even if you don't have a Carnival excursion. In Belize, we got off and decided to hang around the port area. I want to say, by the time we got on a tender and got to shore, the ship had been there for maybe an hour and a half? You can also try, a couple of days before, going to the purser's desk, telling them that you have an early independent excursion and ask the best procedure to get off the ship with enough time. They may or may not be able to help.

Archived