Mr Williams/RCCL When do you intend to inform us that our 1/29/05 is cancelled?

Dude!

You should of waited !!! ..

Now you can't take their offer !!

RCCL just released this press release TODAY:

June 1, 2004

Dear Travel Partners,

RE: CANCELLED ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL SAILING
Navigator of the Seas - January 29, 2005

Please be advised that the January 29, 2005 sailing on the Navigator of the Seas has been chartered and it is necessary to move all guests currently booked from this sailing.

Guests currently booked on the Navigator of the Seas cancelled sailing of January 29, 2005 have the following options:

1. Guests may move to Voyager of the Seas 01/29/2005, Explorer of the Seas 01/30/2005, or Navigator of the Seas 01/15/2005, 01/22/2005, 02/05/2005, or 02/12/2005 with rate protection in the same category.
2. Or guests will be offered to move to any other Navigator of the Seas 7-night sailing at prevailing rates. The new sailing must be taken by 12/31/05 and excludes holiday sailings.

All guests moving to an alternate sailing will receive the following:
1. Onboard Credits given to all staterooms as follows:
a. $100 per stateroom onboard credit for standard staterooms.
b. $200 per stateroom onboard credit for deluxe staterooms (category JS & above).

Travel Agents will receive a $50 rebooking fee per stateroom, when guests rebook on an alternate sailing. Onboard credits will be given to group bookings with names and deposits.

A special help desk has been established to assist you with moving your clients. The desk will remain open through June 11, 2004.

NV Help Desk – Individual Bookings 1-888-837-5676
NV Help Desk – Group Bookings 1-888-305-4549

Email me Questions:

[email]jakeryan85@yahoo.com[/email]

I am glad I followed my instincts changing our reservations before the official word from RCCL as to get the dates and the cabin choice
that we wanted. My travel agent called today saying that RCCL will probably reimburse us for the penalty that the airline will impose on
us for having to change our flights. I just need to send proof of the change to RCCL.
Best Wishes for everyone else that has been affected by this cancellation.

• 8 months later...
My family and I (1 grand suite, 1 junior suite & promenade room) were booked for that cruise as well. We rebooked for the Feb. 12 cruise and not only got the junior suite upgraded to a grand suite, but also got RCCL to give us a credit for the airline change fee. It sounds like some people got bad advice from their travel agents.

Guest OBAYbee
[quote name='91FLHTCU']I noticed earlier this week that our cruise was no longer listed. Found out today through this board that the entire Navigator 1/29/05 has been chartered out to be the largest gay cruise. [url="http://www.atlantisevents.com"]www.atlantisevents.com[/url] Called RCCL and they would not offer any information other than "the ship has been chartered". I asked if our booking would be cancelled and they suggested I call my TA. My TA called and was told the ship was entirely booked but no mention off any charter. As of yet she still has not been informed of the charter![/QUOTE]

Not sure why someone posted the cruise was booked as an all gay cruise this weekend. That is totally false info!!
As I posted a moment ago, Navigator is booked as hotel space for the SuperBowl. Mostly VIPS. An agreement made 5 years ago. Navigator is not the only ship doing so btw.
This was aired last night by Dan Rathers on the CBS Evening News.
Reason being, Jacksonville was awarded the game IF they could find rooms for the numbers of people who will attend. That's how they added more rooms, reserving entire cruise ships. From the shot given on TV I saw at least 3 cruise ships docked there.

[quote name='PAGA'][url="http://www.jaxport.com/sea/c_bowl.cfm#a1"]http://www.jaxport.com/sea/c_bowl.cfm#a1[/url]

RCCL's Navigator is not at the Super Bowl - it is the Seven Seas Navigator

- PAGA[/QUOTE]
PAGA, you are correct. This week was a chartered Gay cruise. I knew about the Atlantis Charter awhile back, and have been teasing a friend of mine who is a cute waiter that he should make ALOT of tips this week.
Hope they all had fun!!! Better than being here!

[quote name='91FLHTCU']I am hoping that we will be compensated for having to change our booking and reimbursed for our non-refundable air[/QUOTE]

I fail to see why you had to change your booking. It seems that you chose to do that of your own free will, not at the behest of RCCL. In fact, by your own explanation you never received any communication from them indicating your cruise would not proceed as planned.

You were certainly entitled to make the choice you did, but I don't believe you are owed any compensation. If I were to change my reservation today by my own choice, they wouldn't offer me any reimbursement...why would you be an exception to that rule? Sorry, but you made the decision on your own without first confirming what the situation actually was. If you lose your airfare or have to pay a change fee to the airline, the responsibility lies solely with you IMO.

[quote name='endi302']Who books their air 8 to 9 months in advance. You need your head examined. Have you never heard of waiting for a low price special.
[/QUOTE]

Hey, guys know your facts before you flame someone. Like the person said for their state that's a vacation week. Last March I needed to fly family members from Texas to Miami for our family reunion cruise. I started looking in August for flights and was hoping for a fare drop, instead that night I watched the fares jump from $249/person to over $400/person. See the week we chose was spring break week in Texas and the load factors just happen to kick in that night and raised the fares. They never came down. In fact by Jan. they were over $549/person and available flights were scarce.

You owe the person an apology!!!!!

Boy was I surprised to see this message revitalized!
To update everyone we had changed our cruise to the Explorer Jan 9th sailing and had a great time. RCCL reimbursed our airline penalty and also gave us a stateroom credit of $100.00 per person. When rescheduling our air the airline (Delta) noticed that the price was lower than what we originally paid so we were able to rebook at the lower fare thus getting a refund from them also. We made the right choice.
Thanks to everyone for your support.
Ed & Jacki

[quote name='shelby2002']Well guess I need my head examined I bought our air 9 months our for our upcoming February 05 cruise since it is February vacation week her in the northeast for all the school, and the price was $181 round trip direct flights out of Boston.

Crusin on the Radiance 2/20/05
[url="http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-"]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-[/url]
Hey Shelbie,smart thinking and great price on the flights.Have a great cruise.

Two topics here:
1 - Re: Gay cruise charter:
My cousin and his wife were on a RCL ship that ended up being chartered as a gay cruise. They weren't thrilled about the change in circumstance, but they went anyway. They had a fantastic time and and met Rosie O'Donnel among many other friendly people both gay and straight.

2 - Early flight bookings:
During a school vacation break you need to book airfare early. We are flying into San Juan for Serenade of the Seas during President's Week. I booked in August, 7 months in advance.
Not only were the airfares high, but there were very few flights available that would get us to the ship the day of departure. Having booked 7 months in advance for 4 people, we are flying the night before and staying overnight. Also, we are departing from JFK and arriving home at La Guardia because there were no other flights available for less than $600 pp. And we are also flying with from NYC to San Juan with a stop in Houston.

The best time to purchase airfare for peak travel times is the day the flight is avaialable for sale. We have a Christmas cruise booked for Legend of the Seas leaving from Tampa. Our flight leaving the evening of 12/23 from New York is already sold out. We have a round fare for $163. I see that the lowest fare on Orbitz for our trip is currently $244.

[quote name='GranysT'][quote name='shelby2002']Well guess I need my head examined I bought our air 9 months our for our upcoming February 05 cruise since it is February vacation week her in the northeast for all the school, and the price was $181 round trip direct flights out of Boston.

Crusin on the Radiance 2/20/05
[url="http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-"]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-[/url]
Hey Shelbie,smart thinking and great price on the flights.Have a great cruise.[/QUOTE]

When ships are "chartered" only the company who "chartered" the ship sails on the ship.

Many times, a ship is filled with a "group" that is large, but they do not "charter" the entire ship. In that case if you have a cabin you get to keep your cabin.

I would have loved to go on my cruise WITH whichever group "chartered" it. HOWEVER.......when they "charter" the ENTIRE ship they kick you off! Those of us on these sailings were not given the option to stay on the ship. Our cabins were sold to others before we were even notified of the charter. We didn't just decide to NOT go.

Archived