Need Advice/Opinions From People Who Have Sailed The Dream

Rowan555

Well, we've had a Dream cruise booked since last year for this upcoming April. The plan was to drive from New Orleans, do the Eastern Caribbean cruise, then spend 3 days at Disney and drive home. Needless to say we've really been looking forward to it. Scheduling conflicts beyond our control have popped up (I won't name names, if you're reading this, but I still love you regardless, lol) and it's possible to likely that we will have to cancel this cruise. We booked Early Saver, so we're out the $200 (for four of us) if we cancel. In addition, we booked during a sale that included upgrades, AND we will need to re-book this month (for another reason) which means we will probably book without the benefit of a good sale. OKAY, all that being said. We could possibly still make this cruise, but it's going to be a hardship on us on several levels and create a significant amount of stress pre- and post- cruise. Our alternative at this point is to just book a 7 day on the Triumph out of New Orleans (which we will have done twice by then, but we won't have done the 7 day Western itinerary, which we could do this time around). The cost would end up being about the same as the Dream, minus the obvious expenses of gas to get to FL, parking (my dad drops us off when we cruise out of NOLA) and hotels and Disney expenses. But we lose the $200 due to the Early Saver penalty.

Okay, this is my long-winded (sorry) way of asking you guys who have been on the Dream - is it worth it to go through the extra hassle and stress of making this Dream cruise happen, or should we opt for the easier and less stressful Triumph cruise which will cost about the same, cruise fare wise, as the Dream? I know it's hard to say without all the specific details, but IN GENERAL, would you feel it's worth that much more to do the Dream than to do the Triumph? Keep in mind, I have love love loved every single Carnival cruise I've ever taken, with the lone exception of the Holiday.

I just need some feedback and opinions here to assist me in making my decision as dh and I go over the pros and cons of our two options. Vacations are my key to maintaining my sanity, and all this stress is NOT helping, lol!

I sailed the Dream this October and loved the ship, I have also sailed on the Triumph and loved that ship also. If it came to a choice I would go with the Triumph and the savings if it is going to be a hardship and book the Dream at a later date. You may loose the $200 but how much more would you be paying for gas, parking and Disney that has got to be much more then the $200. Just my opinion. Linda

Given the reviews I think I would opt for the cruise out of New Orleans. Save the Dream for a later date after alot of the kinks are ironed out. Just being on a cruise with a bunch of unhappy cruisers isn't much fun. I have been there and done that. I would go for the stress free one. Happy cruising!

Archived