Grandeur/New Orleans questions

Chef Sandy - The dolphin swim was awesome. They show you a video and tell you what you can and can't do. Then you get a life jacket and get in. With the dlophin swim there are 2 dolphins. They mix up the kiss, dorsal pull and foot push so the dolhins don't get bored. Then you get in a circle and the dolphins swim around you and you get to pet them.

Yes, there is assigned seating in the dining room.

Dawn

Didn't see you ask about Costa Maya. The day we went it was raining a little and I didn't feel like doing much of anything. I just explored the area around the ship and sat under an umbrella on the little beach near the restaurant. I heard that Majahual (sp.?) us a nice place to visit.

Dawn

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell us more about the Dolphin Swim? I'm looking forward to doing this on my Feb 12th cruise. What can you tell us about Costa Maya? I have been to Grand Caymen and Cozumel but that is a new one for me. Thanks. Sandy

I didnt do the dolphin swim, but watched as some others did it, looked like alot of fun to me.

Costa Maya..... well they drop you off at a RCCL owned mall, outside the mall there is nothing, about a 5 mile trip to a small village with some local shopping. The only thing to do in Costa Maya is the ship offered tours as this is all owned by RCCL. We got lucky and went to the fishing village and found a lady that took us to the Mayan ruins for $20 each, (the ship charges $57 for the same tour, the lady couldnt speak any english but we didnt care, she took us to see the ruins, she has a small shop in the town her company is called the El Tucan De Costa Maya.

Archived