Anyone have pictures of the Mayan Princess??

dixie54

WARNING...Beach chairs are VERY limited at the Mayan Princess. Through Victor Bodden, we reserved this tour, including $10 day passes for the resort for each of the 13 of us. When we arrived, it turns our there were NO chairs reserved for us as promised and after a 20-30 minute drive to get there. Even if we brought our own towels (which we didn't since that was to be included in the day pass)...there was not a space on the tiny beach in front of the resort to LAY DOWN a towel. As far as chairs by the beautiful pool area, there were NONE! I'm talking used...empty...no chairs at all by the pool. Any chair available was dragged down to the beach by whoever was luckiest to get there first! What a beautiful resort but a total disappointment, as we had to leave...there was no place to sit or barely stand.

When were you there which month and year? How early did you get there? Man, that will be really disappointing. what was included in your ticket price? did you get a drink?

Do they have a shortage of chairs?

Anyone else have this some problem?

thanks for letting me know!

I was on a New Years cruise on Carnival Valor...just got off the ship this past Sunday. We had nothing pre-booked for Belize...it was our intention to book something from an independent company at the pier when we got off the ship. There were many awaiting us as we tendered in. The most prominent was a company called Ecological Tours...you can't miss them when you get on the pier...turquoise shirts holding up their signs. They also have a website...ecotoursbelize.com. We paid $40. a person for a 3-hour snorkeling/beach tour. I'll give you negatives and positives:

Negatives: We were promised 1 1/2 hrs of snorkeling but had actually 45 min. They got a little greedy and tried to jam as many people as they could on the boat...we actually left the dock, but they turned around to squeeze in more people who had just signed up. Also, several precious minutes were wasted as it was discovered we were short on masks when we got there...spent MORE time trying to get additional masks from other boats in the area.

Positives: The snorkeling was very good. We were taken to a large reef area and saw many pretty fish...some quite large. Also saw eel, sting ray, turtle....

Second positive, the hour beach time we had was great! Took us the Bannister Island...absolutely beautiful...not crowded...walk around the island...so pretty. Chairs, full bar, facilities...I could have hung out there for the day!

Hope I don't get blasted here for answering a Belize question on a Roatan site...but what the heck...it came up! ;)

OMG...Dixie54 I am so sorry! I reversed my responses for 2 different posts and mistakenly gave you an answer to another poster's question. Here is my actual response to YOUR post:

I WAS on the Carnival Valor's New Years cruise and just got off the ship this past Sunday. Our ship did not dock in Roatan until 12 noon, which may have affected the outcome of my experience. We paid $20. for a round-trip bus ride to Mayan Princess (about a 20-25 min ride) It was a $10 resort charge to get in the Mayan...this included use of all facilities which also included their beautiful pool and a beach lounge chair. NO DRINKS...NO FOOD. One of the first things we noticed WAS that there were limited chairs...all dragged down to the beach...NOT ONE left by the pool. It was ridiculous. I think this is definitely a case of "the early bird gets the worm"

This is where I don't know WHO to believe...Victor Bodden emailed me a week before we arrived that he had secured passes for entry to Mayan and would have them for us when we met him. When we got on his bus to go there, we assumed he had these passes on his person and would give them out to us when we got to the resort. But when we all piled out at the resort, he went before us to the counter and after speaking to the people from the resort, he returned and informed us day passes were sold out and that they did not have any chairs reserved for us. He told us that he tried to explain to them that he had reserved for the 13 of us ahead of time. So he kept blaming the resort for the error. Later on, in retrospect, I had to wonder if Bodden had ever even gotten these passes ahead of time...and that maybe they were hoping that once we got there, we would just decide to stay anyways....I think that we surprised them and made our driver a little perturbed when we said..."no chairs...we're out of here".

Archived