Bad Balcony on Radiance?

Thank you for all the helpful replies! I normally choose my own cabin (stern) but the price difference is $700.00 pp. On this trip, I'm willing to risk a deck 7 metal canopy obstruction or window washer for that kind of cash. I feel as though I can make an educated decision now so Thanks again for all your responses, and especially the photos.

Cheryl :)

Thank you for all the helpful replies! I normally choose my own cabin (stern) but the price difference is $700.00 pp. On this trip, I'm willing to risk a deck 7 metal canopy obstruction or window washer for that kind of cash. I feel as though I can make an educated decision now so Thanks again for all your responses, and especially the photos.

It sounds like you made a good decision based on the price difference - $700pp could pay for a whole other cruise! Let us know once you're assigned to a room - I'm curious to see where you end up! :) I'm crossing my fingers that it's a good one, although the odds ARE on your side!

It sounds like you made a good decision based on the price difference - $700pp could pay for a whole other cruise! Let us know once you're assigned to a room - I'm curious to see where you end up! :) I'm crossing my fingers that it's a good one, although the odds ARE on your side!

Newbcruiser1: Do I know you from another forum? :) :) :)

I will certainly let you know where I end up. I have never considered a guarantee before but the price difference was huge! BTW.... I reserved at 10:00 p.m. on Monday night. The balcony guarantee option was no longer available as of the next morning at 7:00 a.m. I"m going to keep checking to see if it reappears, but I'm thinking several of us jumped at that deal.

They were also offering a 150% single supplement in that balcony guarantee over Easter break too. I wasn't actually looking at this particular cruise, but since I need to travel these exact 10 dates, it sort of fell in my lap. Plus, I've always wanted to do a solo cruise. Don't get me wrong, I love traveling with friends and family also, but I insist on one vacation a year alone. I call it my soul-centering trip. At first I looked at solo travel as a treat to myself. Now I look at it as necessary preventative health care :)

BTW... it is the 10 night departing over Easter break on the Radiance of the Seas. It wasn't an actual flash fare but sure was gone in a flash.

If you know what you are getting into, it would be fine, but I would pick my cabin.

We were on Deck 7 on Jewel and had a balcony overlooking the canopy and a crew hatch. We hated it and from that point on, selected a cabin on deck 8 on our next Jewel cruise and subsequent Radiance cruises. If I'm paying for a balcony, I don't want to look at a canopy or see a crewmember crawling out of a hatch in front of the balcony which is what we encountered.

There is no bad balcony on this ship, particularly if you book D-1 with the large balcony. On the other hand, if you are very very picky you might be inclined to disagree. However, we do not sweat the small stuff. Additionally, if you book gty then you have no reason to comlain about your lodgings.

Thanks for the information and photo! I think that we will be happy with 7660.

You should be fine with 7660 - I was in 8160, which is equivalent to 8660 on the opposite side of the ship (see the photos above from my balcony) which actually appears to be a couple cabins further aft than 7160 and 7660 according to the deck plans, and the window-washing equipment obstructed the view of the cabin behind ours (8162), so you will be a few rooms ahead of the one where it overhangs the balcony.

I hope that made some sense!

Gamble paid off. I am very pleased. Thank you to all who contributed to this thread.

To recap: I made deposit on Wednesday. Was assigned a cabin today (48 hours later). I was given an E1 on deck 8 with a nice proximity to the forward elevators :D

Does anyone have photos of the non-hump E1 balconies on Deck 8 by chance??

We had an E-1 (cabin 7594) on Radiance. It was our first RCCL cruise so I didn't have much experience choosing.

If I remember, it was center, and the balcony was fine. What I WILL remember in the future is, it was the first cabin as the stairway branches to that deck. We could hear noise from the atrium.

It wasn't too bad, but I will go further down the hall next time.

Pat

Archived