If 1 person of a party of 4 can not go will that effect the other 3?

skyrain30

I booked a cruise months ago for my husband and I and our kids. We are supposed to sail January 18th. I do not have trip insurance (stupid, I know) and have found out that my grandfather is very close to passing away. My question is, if he does pass away and I need to be here, can I still send my husband and kids on their own? I think I am listed as the main person because I am the one who set everything up. Assuming they can go, is it possible to replace me with someone else. Maybe let our oldest go in my stead?

Call the cruiseline or your TA. Depends on the cruiseline and how you booked.

Example- On a regular fare on Carnival it is $50 to change a person. BUT if you booked it as Early Saver, it cannot be done.

Sorry about your grandfather.

Better to pay a small extra charge than to have the $$$ of one person's cruise fare go to waste!

Call (the cruiseline if you booked directly, the TA if you didn't) and ask. If they say it's possible, find out if there's a fee and also the last possible date for making the change. It may be something like 3 days before sailing.

Archived