Explorer Holiday Cruise! - Your thoughts?

WOW!!! A busy 14 day cruise just ended yesterday in NJ. It started with a blizzard, had great weather in the caribbean and then ice at the end...

We typically don't cruise that long for the holidays, but this year we took a chance and it was well worth it!!! Despite the large numbers of passengers, we greatly enjoyed it. Yes there were some tweaks here and there, but overall, it was RCI delivering a great holiday experience both for Christmas and New Year's!!!

Anyone else from that cruise???

Hello Alex was this your cruise by any chance, it is off the RCL Roll Call Boards, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=765396&page=87

It was a Holiday cruise and if you book another cruise anytime, be sure and visit the Roll Call Section for the Cruise lines your sailing with, then select your ship, there you can begin meeting others who will be sailing with you.

WOW!!! A busy 14 day cruise just ended yesterday in NJ. It started with a blizzard, had great weather in the caribbean and then ice at the end...

We typically don't cruise that long for the holidays, but this year we took a chance and it was well worth it!!! Despite the large numbers of passengers, we greatly enjoyed it. Yes there were some tweaks here and there, but overall, it was RCI delivering a great holiday experience both for Christmas and New Year's!!!

Anyone else from that cruise???

Good to hear you had a nice time. Cruises this time of year are great for families.

Hello pianoman!

We were on this cruise as well. We missed you on our roll call. We had a fabulous group and we all did a lot of things together. Be sure and visit the roll call for you next cruise. It makes a HUGE difference.

Yes......this cruise was great. We had a wonderful time and we booked it again for next year along with a number of our fellow CC'ers. This was our fourth holiday cruise. I can't imagine staying home anymore! We were well taken care of by Royal Caribbean and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. There were a large number of children on board.....most were well behaved. Unfortunately, there were some that were out of control. Getting to the ship in all that snow was quite stressful, but all turned out well in the end. I hope to have a review up before too long.

We also just returned from this cruise. Hi Jane & John can't wait to meet again next year, but next year I'm buying John a drink. The cruise was the best we have experienced. We have previously sailed on NCL this was our first on Royal. The cruise was the best not because of anything Royal did or did not do but because of the fabulous group we met here on CC. I think we have made some friends for life.

We have booked for next year as have a large number who sailed on this cruise. As Jane said can't imagine staying home again.

I will post a review soon.

Mike

Archived