Room assignment

blk1964

BAH! I got a solid white wall verandah! Poo! I didnt really want that, but oh well. The CSR on the phone said there was no switching to be done at this time, however I guess I could keep trying, he said it doesnt hurt to try. Oh well. Still waiting to hear on switching my dining to first seating. W

Replying to myself, if anyone has any information on rm 8598 (Cat 4 Deck 8, Disney Wonder) Id appreciate it. Its not in the database of room reports on the disboards site. If anyone has stayed in a solid wall verandah room, Id love to know how it was.

THANKS!

Thanks for the link, they didnt have a review of my room on the Wonder, HOWEVER, the Magic is the exact same ship and they had reviews on there. Most said it was a nice room, very quiet etc, but the balcony! OY...I just couldnt get past it. This was my horny dilemma today. Stay with my Cat 4 solid white wall verandah room (which, truth be told I HATED) or downgrade to a Cat 5 in which they had rooms available with the regular see thru verandah. The Cat 4 room is 304 sq feet. The cat 5 room is 268 sq ft. The difference is a little space between the foot of the sofa bed and the verandah door, in which there is a small chair, a steamer trunk thing and another pull down murphy bed (the Cat 4 sleeps 5, the Cat 5 sleeps 4). Well we dont HAVE to sleep five, we are only four of us. Plus, just somethign about looking out and seeing that solid metal wall? UGH. The Cat 5 room was further forward, the Cat 4 room was LITERALLY the last room on the SB side of the ship, literally the butt end of the boat. Googling around found some pics of a solid white wall verandah room and man did I hate it even more once I saw it! Ive had visions of sitting on that balcony, sipping coffee, catching a breeze. Now with the solid white wall that my kids are not tall enough to see over, I feel like I had gotten a little rooked. For two hundred bucks LESS than what I was paying, I could get the cabin I really wanted, only losing a small amount of cabin space, which for me, was negligible. I know that in 2011 Disney is reclassifying categories and rooms with the solid wall verandah will cost less. Well, that makes sense, its only fair, obstructed view should be less. But for now? I was STUCK. I hate that. I called and got the COOLEST rep at DCL and switched it over. They refunded the difference of 200 bucks back onto my card and I now have the exact room I want. My lesson for the day is NEVER NEVER NEVER book GTY. Pick your room. I was too dumb to know that when I booked, I just took what they had. Now that I know how to go on the Disney site and see which rooms are available, thats the way to go.;)

Glad that you got the answer....and the cabin!!!!.... that you were looking for. I stumbled apon that link and found it SO helpful, will be sure to use it in the future!

Enjoy your cruise, especially sitting out on your dream balcony , wind in your hair, sipping your coffee, and being able to see the scenery!!!!

Archived