Beaches in Hawaii

emsapb

We are on the 2/18 15 day Island to Hawaii. While we plan to take some tours we would like to spend time at the beach too. Can anyone tell me which port would be the best for going to the beach? We won't have a car and will need to depend on cab transportation. Is there any port that has a great beach fairly close to where the Island docs?

Thanks for your help with this.

Ei

I am interested in the responses too...but I have a feeling your going to get:

"Go over to the Hawaii board..."

Not everyone that may have been there, frequents that board. (however, there are some great regulars on that board whom actually live there and help out.

We took a taxi $14.00 each way to Waikiki beach in Honolulu you could also take a bus for $2.00 each way. Very easy to navigate and only about a 10 -15 minute ride. We did the cab ride and spent some time there and then went back to the terminal for our Polynesian Cultural Center tour.

On Maui, go to Kaanapoli Beach. Although it's far from a secluded beach, it's a very long beach with plenty of space for everybody and the snorkling is great. I liked snorkling at the far end near the Sheriton at the Big Black Rock. It's also close to Lahina where the ships will be. It's my favorite beach.

the tour desk has a beach sheet with recommended beaches and brief snippets of information on each suggested site that you can request.

If you are there you might as well ask for the Hilo Hattie coupons you

spend $25.00 and get a free mug (each Island has a different mug) although we didn't wind up using ours we know a couple of groups that managed to collect all the mugs :D

In Kauai the Marriott is very close to where the ship docks. They have a very nice beach (I believe it is the Nawillwilli beach) with snorkeling on one side and surfing on the other side. This makes for a nice beach for everyone . You can rent surfboards and boogie boards and snorkel equipment. They also offer surfing lessons. On the beach they have a little board walk with restraunts and bars. If you go to Dukes you have to have the Mud Pie.

In Kauai the Marriott is very close to where the ship docks. They have a very nice beach (I believe it is the Nawillwilli beach) with snorkeling on one side and surfing on the other side. This makes for a nice beach for everyone . You can rent surfboards and boogie boards and snorkel equipment. They also offer surfing lessons. On the beach they have a little board walk with restraunts and bars. If you go to Dukes you have to have the Mud Pie.

You’re reading my mind…I was going to mention the same thing. You’ll also find crew members hanging out on this beach.

Archived