Island Escape worries

Cruise Babe 48

Hi

I am so sorry to hear of the disappointment of the Christmas cruisers.

We were really looking forward to our Colourful Escapes cruise in February but after reading all the worrying reviews on this and other forums, am getting worried.

Has anyone tried to cancel their cruises over the last few days when there are such extreme concerns. Have Island Escape or Thompson issued any reassurances or comments about the recent cruise problems?

Hi, who did you book with :confused: maybe your TA can change it for you ,but just remember that the week before the xmas cruise Berwyn was away and they had a great time weather was so different and not so much loo problems , so you may be lucky ,hope so :)

mrs.c

Hi,

Yes our experience was so different from the Christmas cruisers the week after.

We had rain on our holiday but saw no leaks in the Beachcomber as has been mentioned on here and elsewhere.

Both cabins we had booked (1 on deck 9 and 1 on 4) were clean and everything worked. And it was the same last year.

I have posted a review of our cruise here in the forums and in the reviews section. I can only speak as we found her.

Berwyn

Yes and saying that we were on the xmas cruise and we never had the problems that others had except the weather which was nobodys fault ,so we had a good time which cabins are you in although dont think that really matters , hope it is fine for you

mrs.c

hi cruise babe, i would not worry to much we just had bad luck thats all, no one can do anything about the weather, the food, staff and the bars were great. Do you know what cabin you will be in, because some are better than others.:)

A big thank you to all of you who have replied to my Island Escape worries - offered some reassurance to an excited Cruise Babe.

There are so many terrible reviews on the cruise forums over the last few days that I could not help but worry. It's probably a good idea to see what this weeks's cruisers say as hopefully the problems were caused or made worse by the weather last week.

Cruise Babe again - I forgot to answer the question about which cabin we have booked

We have a cabin on Deck 5 or 6 for 3 people if anyone is familiar with the condition of these cabins - cabin to be allocated on arrival.

Take care in the snow.

What snow? We've had none here at the coast in North Wales :(

Only seen it on the hills and mountains behind. (and the T.V. news).

At least we're not getting the Novovirus like the Fred Olsen lot (again). :eek:

And if you look at how they keep going on about the dated, cramped cabins on Destiny yet people keep returning year after year as they have such a great time.

Berwyn

beware of cabin 5544 it stinks of urine, despite the cabin lad changing all the pillows, bedding and even the mattress. We still ended up moving up to 6 and the low and behold thats when the toilet problem started:eek: both of the cabins were shabby . If i was you i would look at your cabin and if you dont like it ask to see the hotel manager or the head of housekeeping and ask for another cabin, the day we were leaving i had a look at some cabins on deck 8/9 and some of them were much bigger and slightly better i had a copy of the island escape brochure with the deck plan on pg 68 and 69 and you will see which cabins look bigger. There was ony us 2 and we felt cramped.

Hi Cruise Babe'

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww273/Cymro1953/Canaries%20Cruise%202009/

That's a link to pics of our cabin on deck 9.

It was a little smaller than 9068 that we had last year as we couldn't have beds made up as double without blocking the door to the balcony.

Wasn't huge but more than enough room.

Berwyn

Hi - we were in cabins 6525 and 6523, with 3 people in one cabin and 4 in the other. The cabins were very small, If I wanted to get to go to the toilet, my husband had to lie on his bed out of the way! HOWEVER - the rooms were kept really clean by Rajesh who was lovely! Further along the corridor there was a cabin that always smelt of urine, we just hurried past that. I suppose because we had only cruised with Royal Carribbean before we had got used to a better standard of rooms/decor/space. The staff worked really hard all of the time and couldn't be faulted in anyway. As I said in my previous review, it wasn't all bad, but we will not be going again

Archived