Tortola snorkeling

SEASMOM

You didn't say how long you were in port, but if you have the time you might want to try snorkeling on other islands. Some of the really good spots near Road Town, Tortola are: The Caves at Norman Island, The Indians, and Deadman's Bay on Peter Island. These can all be reached in a fairly short time. There are other good spots but they are farther away (off the north side of Tortola). If you go through a dive charter they should know the good spots.

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, we are in Tortola for only a short time - 7 am to 2 pm. I was hoping the cruise ship snorkeling tour would be good for us as the tour operator would be responsible for getting us back to the ship on time.

J & B

Brewer's Bay would be a safe bet even on your own. Taxi is 15 min or so. Nice beach, eats and drinks, snorkeling is said to be generally good. Not much chance of being left behind - in a pinch you could walk back, although it's an hour or so over an 800-ft hill. Taxis on Tortola have a good reputation.

• 3 weeks later...

Back from an awesome cruise with lots of snorkeling. I would say that Tortola was the best. Brewers Bay was awesome. Not crowded at all. I didn't see snorkel gear for rent there but it is my understanding that there was another bar somewhere that may have had gear. If you go to the beach and head to the left there is awesome snorkeling. Saw lots of fish and a turtles. There were no taxi's up there when we got there but we got up there pretty early. There were plenty when it was time to leave.

Archived