Costa Pacifica Feb 21

Ramizraja

sorry I can't help since I am going after you, but I hope you have a great time and post a review. I went on a MSC out of Rome and there were so few English speakers, that we were on a table of 6 where everyone but us spoke English as a second language! Since none of us spoke fluent Italian, Spanish, German or French so we were put together. No matter, we had the most interesting cruise ship dinner conversations.

In fact the international aspect if what I expect to enjoy the most about my Pacifica cruise. I am deeply concerned about some other things (booked before the ship was launched) but the diverse crowds and customs is not one of them. I did not get all the pushing and shoving complaints. Space issues are different in Europe. I remember being agast at the cutting in line on my first trip to Europe (specifically Austria)over 25 years ago. I caught on quick-snuggle up close to the person in front of you in line and no one goes in. A 3 inch gap is an invitation! lol.

I had no issues with this w/MSC passengers which has the same crowd as Costa. The mid ranking crew was another story. they would push/shove themselves in front of you-and then stand and eat the food in the line. No lie.

I have high hopes that the food and service will be better on Costa than MSC. Since it was so bad, I am sure I will not be too disappointed. If you check the Pacifica reviews there seems to be some mildly positive bones thrown out lately, so chin up!

Well, there does not seem to be many replies, maybe because nothing positive can be said for Costa Pacifica, other than it is a beautiful ship. I know I will be hammered for replying to this post in a negative manner but honestly I found this cruise a disaster. We traveled June 2009, (the ship's 2nd trip,) hopefully things have improved since then. Entertainment was pretty ordinary, drinks expensive and other than learning how to dance around the pool deck, not much happened during the day.....like I said hope things have changed...

how was the food and service? I am sorry the things you mentioned were not great. entertainment/activities are really important to many people- I happen to not be interested in either, so if those are the only downsides I will be ok.

Archived