Decided to go unformal in April

deborahjo

In really small town USA which I think you are saying you are from,I would agree with you on the dressing up part. You have certian circumstances which are geographical in nature. You mentioned flip flops and baseball hats.Here that is what people wear to a nice local restaurant.We are a beach community and getting dressed up means wearing sandals instead of flip flops.

I do pay to attend the charity functions,but that is what charity is for.:)

I don't have an issue with dressing up,just new cruisers be given the illusion that a formal night still exists.(I am refering to tuxes and ball gowns) As soon as it is called elegant night,as it is,I will leave it alone.Until then, I will comment on it.:D

Steve

Fair enough!

Good choices and you will fit in just fine with other passengers.... less to pack and more relaxing in my eyes !

Thats exactly my thought, With the extra luggage prices on airlines, we no longer bring a suit bag.

I wear a nice dress that doesnt wrinkle (usually nylon) and DH wears slacks, shirt & tie. I still see plenty of people very dresses up, they are are probably the ones who are driving to the ship and can actually bring extra luggage at no extra cost.

Archived