Booking first cruise today...thx everyone for your help (24yr old from Canada)

ovie08

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their help, and I have 2 quick questions also.

1. I chatted with the PVP planner, and they encouraged me to get a room near Veranda Deck 8 (Middle of Ship) rather then the Random selection which is going to be in a bad area and a good chance of getting sea sick. The lady I spoke to is very helpful, I just wanted other peoples perspective on whether I should fork over the extra $200 + bucks for this room in the middle of ship. She said its a good spot right below pool and it should be more enjoyable... Its a $253 dollar difference so shed some light on this - as to, whether it's worth it or not.

2. I have booked the flight the day before, thanks to everyones advice (appreciate it). I probably would have taken the risk if the flight price was 3x the amount but I found a decent flight out the day before. Question I have is - do you guys recommend the Carnival Insurance incase something happens with flight. A few of you have recommended the Insuremytrip.ca but I am wondering if internal insurance is better (within Carnival?)

I think the price they gave us was $146 (still have to find out if thats EACH PERSON).

I will then buy Health insurance, other then that I'm good to go right?

I'll have until 10ish to book this and I'm definetly very excited!! Sick!!!! lol

Thanks everyone again...;)

1. I chatted with the PVP planner, and they encouraged me to get a room near Veranda Deck 8 (Middle of Ship) rather then the Random selection which is going to be in a bad area and a good chance of getting sea sick. The lady I spoke to is very helpful, I just wanted other peoples perspective on whether I should fork over the extra $200 + bucks for this room in the middle of ship. She said its a good spot right below pool and it should be more enjoyable... Its a $253 dollar difference so shed some light on this - as to, whether it's worth it or not.

Not sure how you are with noise but the biggest chance of a noisy cabin would be right below the lido (pool) deck. If you go to bed early or sleep late you may hear some noise from chairs, traffic, etc in that cabin. I always book cabins with passengers decks above and below for this reason.

Insurance - just my opinion - I always take it - better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it.

Have a great cruise

IMO-I think the room type (inside, outside, balcony) is more important than location. If motion sickness isn't a problem don't pay the extra money. Since you are 24 you will probably will be one of the ones staying up late so noise shouldn't be an issue.

Insurance- I usually don't take. If you are in good health and flying in the day before issurance may not be worth it. With insurance you really need to read the fine print on what is covered.

Save your money and spend it on things that you can enjoy on your cruise.

Thanks.. anyone else have any words of wisdom!?

I think we're going to save the $250 since we wont be in the room long

Insurance...still sitting on the fence.

I don't buy travel insurance because even if you do cancel you get a % of your money back depending on how far out form the cruise. The air is the only thing you don't get back so I gamble it. But I never gamble with the Health insurance beging I am from Canada I get Health insurance when I travel.

No I would not pay the extra for the room in the middle of the ship.

Archived