Do you get a "Cruise Hang-over?"

Lapidarylady

I can't help but notice that no one comes to bring me more coffee at breakfast, rather I have to go over to the coffee pot to fetch it myself. Not only that, the dishes don't magically disappear from the table when I leave.

Nor are my bathroom towels replaced with fresh dry ones.

And why isn't my t.p. folded to a point anymore?

no wonder we have many choices for travel these days.. Happy Travels, and make up stories somewhere else imo..

how are the lido steps treating you as we choose other travel choices.. regular dumplings? step up or down, but dont' beg for domination mutiple posters.. posers.. maybe the staff will give you special treatment.. what a joke.. imo

no wonder we have many choices for travel these days.. Happy Travels, and make up stories somewhere else imo..

how are the lido steps treating you as we choose other travel choices.. regular dumplings? step up or down, but dont' beg for domination mutiple posters.. posers.. maybe the staff will give you special treatment.. what a joke.. imo

Oh Stewardess I speak jive.

Rich

Do I get a cruise hangover? You bet. Everytime we cruise. Symptoms---all of the ones mentioned above plus smiling and saying "hi, good morning (or good afternoon) to everyone I encounter. At work or church, that's okay, but when I find myself walking down a sidewalk or through stores and doing this, yikes! The stares I get as though I've lost my mind.

Any maybe I have. I left it on the ship and wish the rest of my body could join it!

Cruise Hangover for sure.

I have a hard time planning a meal. How can you compete with all the wonderful selections on board?

At work, they just installed a Purell dispenser just after you enter the building. I am still looking for the Lido buffet that has to be somewhere behind it. So far no luck.

After my last cruise, I almost felt like I had to hold on to my desk as I was rocking and rolling so much. In fact I get really sad once the sensation goes away because I know the cruise is really over.

Those pesky beds...no one turns it down for me.

I have also sat at my desk feeling the floor rock, or laid in bed feeling the motion of the sea. (and no, the madrid fault has not slipped.) I keep waiting for my coffee cup to be filled and no one posts the menu for the day outside the dining room.

And I have spent the past two mornings watching a 'dam ship come into San Diego, wishing I could be getting on it. (Then in the evening watching it sail away)

Cruise again and soon:cool: That is the only known cure for cruise hangover syndrome. Works for me!

Last year I suffered cruise withdrawal. We didn't do even one cruise last year and it was August before we booked one for next year. We are finally doing an Alaska cruise! And it's the FOURTEEN day itinerary on Amsterdam. I am counting the days until May. It'll be wonderful!!

And we also have a ta/Caribbean b2b booked for October: 19 days.

THEN I'll have a cruise hangover until we can save enough money for another cruise. Cruising is a terrible addiction -- but I'm not looking for a cure, other than more cruising.

"That being said, I recently heard of an actual problem caused by disembarking a ship. It's called Mal de Debarquement, or Disembarkment Syndrome. This causes a person to continue to feel a rocking motion. This sensation can apparently last for months or years. Huh. Anybody else know about this? "

I have this after every cruise. Maybe it's very common and losts of people expereince it for a week. But would hate for it to be longer than that. I also have trouble sleeping after a cruise because there is no rocking motion in my house (not that I wish for any!)

smileycruiser 2007

I am having a bit of that now - close my eyes and I could swear my office is bobbing. I was walking down the bedroom hall in my home this morning and I caught myself thinking "I wish this house would stop rocking" as I bumped the wall.

Archived