Suite Perks

tgjr

Only GS's and above. JS's are not considered suites.

OK, not quite what I wanted to hear but do appreciate the quick reply ;)

One more thing, a PP said you do get double C&A credit for booking a JS, is this correct?

Thanks (again)

Karen

OK, not quite what I wanted to hear but do appreciate the quick reply ;)

One more thing, a PP said you do get double C&A credit for booking a JS, is this correct?

Thanks (again)

Karen

Yes, that is correct. You do get an extra credit.

We're in a GS on the Explorer next week. the price was to good to pass up. I have a question on taking your breakfast/lunch to Portofinos. Did you just get your food and walk in? I think this will be a great option, as it is often hard to find seating in WJ at peak times.

DALL: yes, that is how it works. Grab your food only - no utemsils as those will already be on the table. You go back to WJ for more food if still hungry. No need for coffee and juice (breakfast) as the attendant in there will bring for you. You will need to show your suite card as they do ask for it until they know you. Again, this was nice as quiet and right along the window and fantastic view.

DALL: yes, that is how it works. Grab your food only - no utemsils as those will already be on the table. You go back to WJ for more food if still hungry. No need for coffee and juice (breakfast) as the attendant in there will bring for you. You will need to show your suite card as they do ask for it until they know you. Again, this was nice as quiet and right along the window and fantastic view.

These little tidbits (don't bring silverware, attendant will bring beverage) are so good to know ahead of time.:)

So Portofino's is the place to sit eating WJ food, they're not serving a separate meal to suite passengers at breakfast/lunch? I'm asking because on HAL we can eat at the Pinnacle Grill (no charge) for breakfast and we're given a full breakfast menu to order from, we're not carrying food in from the buffet area. I just want to know how this works on RCL.

So Portofino's is the place to sit eating WJ food, they're not serving a separate meal to suite passengers at breakfast/lunch? I'm asking because on HAL we can eat at the Pinnacle Grill (no charge) for breakfast and we're given a full breakfast menu to order from, we're not carrying food in from the buffet area. I just want to know how this works on RCL.

On RCI, those that stay in suites can eat their breakfast in the MDR or the Windjammer Cafe or order from room service.

Suite guest also have access to the Concierge Lounge where a continental breakfast is available as well as a cocktail hour from 5-8:30PM. The CL is opened 24/7 for coffee/tea. The Concierge will provide a letter in suite cabins explaining all the benefits.

We've never cruised RCL before and I'm trying to figure out what JS perks there will be. I know, yes, we're booking it for the space :) but... I'd like to know what to expect. Can we use the Portofino to eat? Who gets luggage valet service? Who gets space at the pool? Those really sound more like GS perks but wondering...Thanks for your help.

We've never cruised RCL before and I'm trying to figure out what JS perks there will be. I know, yes, we're booking it for the space :) but... I'd like to know what to expect. Can we use the Portofino to eat? Who gets luggage valet service? Who gets space at the pool? Those really sound more like GS perks but wondering...Thanks for your help.

Suite perks are GS and up. JS don´t get those perks. YOu will get a SIlver Seapass card in a JS and you will get the priority check-in line as well as 2 cruise credits, but other than that the listed perks are not for JS.

On RCI, those that stay in suites can eat their breakfast in the MDR or the Windjammer Cafe or order from room service.

Suite guest also have access to the Concierge Lounge where a continental breakfast is available as well as a cocktail hour from 5-8:30PM. The CL is opened 24/7 for coffee/tea. The Concierge will provide a letter in suite cabins explaining all the benefits.

Is there a concierge lounge on the Independence of the Seas? Is water and soft drinks available during cocktail hour?

Is this vailable to JS cabins and where do you get your food before being seated? Do you get a list of perks in your room so you know what you can take advantage of? Thanks!

Here is the information from RCCL.com

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests Staying in the following suites*:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

• Priority check-in
  • Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships
  • Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available
  • Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)
  • VIP pool deck seating, where available
  • Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining
  • Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships
  • Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kidscon_bulletgray_ico.gifComplimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard
  • Complimentary pressing service on formal night
  • Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Note that this excludes JS !!!

Just off IOS, in a GS.

Best perk for us was the ability to order breakfast & dinner from the dining room through room service. Our kids are 6 & 8, we did dinner twice and breakfast 3 times.

We did not get a bottle of water! :) We did receive a very nice fruit plate on the first day that lasted all week. Obviously you can get fruit on board, but it was nice to have. There was Tazo teas in the cabin, an upgrade.

At Ft Lauderdale, you DO have to stand in the security line, it was around the building. Then there was no wait for suite check in.

The pool chairs on Freedom class are above the sky bar, no where near the pool if you have younger kids. My son preferred the middle pools, not the h2o zone area.

The concierge lounge was fine, not a deal breaker for me. They inconsistently had lime for vodka tonics. For me, it truly is the "little things".

Eating in Chops for breakfast and lunch was nice. It was nearly empty all of the time. My sister, who used it every day tipped at the end in cash to the server. I am not a breakfast person.

The luggage valet was not presented as free, I would definitely ask about this though. We were under the impression that it would be $20/person.

My sister used the reserved seating for the ice show. I did not do any shows.

They really need to add priority tender tickets as a suite perk.

We had a GS with 2 kids who are totally fine sleeping together. The space was more than adequate. We have had a RS on X, larger than the OS, smaller than the RS on RCCL.

Ghirardelli milk chocolates were left each night.

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

[*]Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

[*]Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

NOT AVAILABLE IN BELIZE, I asked the concierge (Who was pretty much useless) as well as guest relations.

The lunch menu was not left in the suite book, only breakfast and dinner. You might be able to get lunch, but it was not obvious.

*Excludes Junior Suites

• Priority check-in
  • Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships
  • Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available
  • Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)
  • VIP pool deck seating, where available
  • Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining
  • Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships
  • Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kidscon_bulletgray_ico.gifComplimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard
  • Complimentary pressing service on formal night
  • Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Note that this excludes JS !!!

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

• Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

I would not go on RCCL in a suite simply for the perks.

I WOULD go on X simply for the perks! :) (Are those fightin' words?!)

I wouldn´t go on any cruise for the perks.

To me it´s a matter of price and value. There´s nothing like "perks" I get in Suites. I get perks in loyalty programs, as I don´t pay for those.

Stuff I get when booking a suite is something I paid for and have to decide before buying if I want to pay for it.

How is this working ? Complimentary luggage valet service ?

From what I have read you must sign up on board. Where-I don't know.

I would think if you are in a suite-the concierge would be the one to ask.

I have a suite booked in a few weeks so I guess I will ask the concierge what to do. :confused:

I definitly would like to use his perk!

Archived