Dubai and Emirates Cruises

pooley

• 2 years later...
Hi - we're booked on a cruise that stops in Dubai and would like to do the desert safari. The ship's tour guide recommends against it for passengers with neck or back injuries. Just wondering how rugged the drive really is???

Sorry we have no experience, but do have a ton of info on our 7 day cruise in the United Arab Emirates and adjacent areas. If you would like please e-mail us deangayle@rogers.com for info

Edited by DGF

Hi - we're booked on a cruise that stops in Dubai and would like to do the desert safari. The ship's tour guide recommends against it for passengers with neck or back injuries. Just wondering how rugged the drive really is???

Did not do this excursion purely because I do have a back problem. Talking to fellow passengers who did the trip they reported that they enjoyed it but it was rather bumpy and a little scary at times. Don't know if you might have to sign a disclaimer so really it is up to you to decide if you want to take the risk. Hope you enjoy your visit to the United Arab Emirates - my son and family are living out there with his job and it has been my holiday destination for the last two years and I took a cruise with RCI in Feb and will be taking another with MSC next March in order to re-visit all the places I could not fit into the schedule first time around.

Suron (Bristol, UK)

Last winter we did the desert safari tour and our backs are so-so. there are some bumps and some of the dunes sliding down sideways are a little scarey. There were about 15 or so cars in single file and some got off tract. It was fun but if your back is very bad take a pass.

Thanks for the feedback! We reserved a Hummer through Dubai Private Tours. It's supposed to be less bumpy than the 4wd's so I should be okay. For those of you that have done the safari, is it worth the 6 hours? This is our first visit to Dubai and we hate to miss anything.