family beach mexican riviera?

hotlipss

We never found anything really like that on our Nickelodeon Cruise last summer to the MR.

In Cabo we got in a water taxi with a glass bottom and had them take us on a little trip down to the arch to see rock formations, lovers beach and divorce beach etc. then they dropped us off on Medano Beach and we plunked our stuff down at The Office... ordered some yummy beef tacos and guac and chips and the boys played in the surf. We did end up renting a couple of jet skis and taking our boys out. We felt totally safe leaving our stuff under the table at the restaurant and they were cool with us occupying the table for a few hours! This was our boys favorite beach.

In Mazatlan we ended up going to the El Cid El Moro hotel and they allowed us to leave an ID and use their pool facilities. It worked out great. Water slide for the kids. They had a waterfall platform my 8 year old loved jumping off of into the pool. The beach there was nice enough. We had a good day there. I think they had parasaling etc on the beach and I believe they had jet skis too. Over on the MR board a fair amount of people like to go to Stone Island and horseback riding with Randy's happy horses ... apparently it's a very rustic beach, open air restaurants on the beach etc.

In Puerto Vallarta we ended up going up to Nuevo Vallarta and spending time at the Dreams Villamagna resort. My husband really liked it... we paid for a day pass, got to eat at the restaurant there and all we wanted to drink from the bar. The beach was nice, pools were perfect for my younger boys. I don't think it would be my first choice to do it again... we spent a good amount of time in a cab getting there and back. I think I would maybe try the Dreams in PV instead... looked interesting. My SIL has been to PV on land vacations and said we really needed to do the Zip Lining there! She HIGHLY recommended the Los Veranos canopy tour. they have a restaurant with a bunch of animals (monkeys and such) to check out and the kids can swim in the river there too! If my boys had been just a little older we would have done this in a heartbeat!

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/canopy/

Hope this is helpful!

We are going on the Mariner of the seas also...I hope you ment to say Feb14..lol...or you will be a day early..lol..looking forward to the cruise, have never been on RCCL before but we have been on Carnival and they loved it:)

Archived