Whoo Hoo, Just booked Splendor!

mandms40

We have always cruised out of Florida, the last one was on the Conquest out of Galveston, didnt like going out of there, we figured it was cold the day we left and the day before we docked it was so rough and cold you couldnt enjoy it, so we really paid for a 5 day.

What can we expect going out of Long Beach in Jan. 2011, is it cold there this time of the year? This will be our first west coast cruise, can anyone tell me where to stay, what airport is the best to fly into, what resturants would you recommend....

Thanks for all the answers in advance, Sandy

We have always cruised out of Florida, the last one was on the Conquest out of Galveston, didnt like going out of there, we figured it was cold the day we left and the day before we docked it was so rough and cold you couldnt enjoy it, so we really paid for a 5 day.

What can we expect going out of Long Beach in Jan. 2011, is it cold there this time of the year? This will be our first west coast cruise, can anyone tell me where to stay, what airport is the best to fly into, what resturants would you recommend....

Thanks for all the answers in advance, Sandy

The weather here in So Ca today is going to be in the low 70's. The sun is shining. Very nice weather for Jan.!

The best airport to fly into would be the Long Beach airport if your carrier flies there. Not all carriers fly into there. The Orange County airport (SNA)and LAX are pretty much the same distance from the port so either one would be your next best choice.

Its obviously a little cooler in January in So Cal than in the summer time, but the payoff is its also a little cooler in the port stops it makes, which is a blessing. You'll also enjoy the perfect temps while waiting to board compared to the blaring heat in the summer time.

The first day at sea and last day at sea may be a little cooler than cruising out of Miami, but the cooler other days in Mexico are a great benefit, IMHO. About noon on the second day at sea you'll be cruising past Los Cabos and the weather will be just perfect.

I agree with Sherrie, there are plenty of airports to fly into, but my choice would be Long Beach. Its much smaller and close by the port, however, not that many flights from great distances fly there. I personally always try to get a flight from Long Beach when flying east as I love the parking and quick movement through it. Enjoy your cruise. The SPLENDOR is new and huge.(pics in my webshots below) :)

Archived