Watching Sports on Carnival Valor

lskoob

We're going on our first Carnival Cruise on the Valor in February. From reading these boards I know we'll be able to watch the Superbowl. But we are also huge college basketball fans, and there's a big game (nationally broadcast, probably on ESPN) that we really don't want to miss. Can we get ESPN in our cabin? Or does the Valor have sports-themed bars with TVs?

The high here in Kansas today is expected to be +1 Fahrenheit. Boy do I need to get out of town!

We are at a high today of 3 with windchill at -17 lol I agree 100% get me outta here..lol

But to help out a lil, no you will not be able to get ESPN in the rooms but the Valor does have a sports bar I believe is located on Promenade deck by the atrium...they will play most the sports events they can get...and yes with big games they sometimes will do it on the big screen..:D

We are at a high today of 3 with windchill at -17 lol I agree 100% get me outta here..lol

But to help out a lil, no you will not be able to get ESPN in the rooms but the Valor does have a sports bar I believe is located on Promenade deck by the atrium...they will play most the sports events they can get...and yes with big games they sometimes will do it on the big screen..:D

Valor has a sports bar called Bronx Bar, which you should check out. When we were on Valor in November, they played the World Series baseball games on the giant screen on the Lido Deck.

We're going on our first Carnival Cruise on the Valor in February. From reading these boards I know we'll be able to watch the Superbowl. But we are also huge college basketball fans, and there's a big game (nationally broadcast, probably on ESPN) that we really don't want to miss. Can we get ESPN in our cabin? Or does the Valor have sports-themed bars with TVs?

The high here in Kansas today is expected to be +1 Fahrenheit. Boy do I need to get out of town!

I'll be on this cruise with you...come join the roll call!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=950499

Usually they only get ESPN international...you probably wont get the game from my past experience with ESPN on the ships...if its on a network you have a better chance!

They had the world series on the big screen during our cruise.

No ESPN in the rooms.

"Sports Bar" is more of a smoking bar....kind of sucked. I'm also not terribly bothered by smoke, but it did get to me there. And the TV's were small....blah....

• 3 weeks later...

Iskoob, I'm a huge Jayhawk fan too and will be sailing on the Valor with you in a few weeks. I'm going to be bummed out if we don't get to see the KU vs TX game on 2/8. Let's pray that ESPN at the sports bar will carry the game.

Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk!!!!

My guess is that you'll be able to watch the Hawks in the sports bar.

We sailed on Valor in February '07. The Superbowl was in Miami at the time, so getting a hotel on Saturday night before the cruise (set sail on Superbowl Sunday) was like pulling teeth. We ended up getting rooms about 50 miles north of Ft. Lauderdale and renting a car for the transportation.

We were pleased, though, when they had the Superbowl on the large screen on the lido, and they had set up a huge screen over the aft pool. Carnival had "tailgate" type buffets during the game as well. I think they also had big screens stationed around the promenade deck.

You'll have a great time!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!

My guess is that you'll be able to watch the Hawks in the sports bar.

Hey, Kona: Thanks for the info... I sure hope you're right! Big Monday on ESPN... I'll go nuts if I can't watch it!

The guys are already planning their strategy for getting prime seats in front of the big screen for the SuperBowl. When I said "What about dinner?" they just shrugged me off. So I'm excited to hear about the tail-gating.

Iskoob, I'm a huge Jayhawk fan too and will be sailing on the Valor with you in a few weeks. I'm going to be bummed out if we don't get to see the KU vs TX game on 2/8. Let's pray that ESPN at the sports bar will carry the game.

Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk!!!!

Hi, Slem: Glad to know we won't be the only Hawks fans on board. Look for us in the Sports Bar during the game. I'll be wearing something crimson and blue, probably sporting a large bird. :D

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!

Archived